8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
HEALING SERVICE AND ANOINTING - (Advent III, Sunday, December 15th 8 &10am). We reflect on the brokenness and frailty of our life, and God's words of healing and wholeness. In a very simple act, you are welcome to receive hands laid on your head and oil placed on your forehead as an ancient and active prayer for healing. This will be done at the altar rail. You may come forward on behalf of yourself or for another. (Sanctuary decoration: We will decorate the sanctuary after service this day with egg nog and cookies. Please bring some Christmas treats if you can)
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
ENCOUNTERS –Encounters meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings December 1 to 22 to study an ecocentered Advent program produced by Terri Mackenzie SHCJ & Society of the Holy Child Jesus. We have used this program for many years & find it helpful to prepare for the incarnation. Please join us for this special presentation. Everyone welcome.
This Week’s Scripture Readings:
3rd Sunday of Advent – Dec. 15
Isaiah 35: 1 – 10
Canticle 72: 18a
James 5: 7 – 10
Matthew 11: 2 – 11
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
4th Sunday of Advent – Dec. 22
Isaiah 7: 10 – 16
Psalm 80: 1-7, 17-19
Romans 1: 1 – 7
Matthew 1: 18 – 25
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: Ray, Connie, James, Linda Kizan, Janice, Michael Miller, Edna & John, Lydia, Chloe & Rachel & their Parents & Grandparents, Marie, Justin, Lise, Don, Tony & Jane, Judy Beer, Josie Campbell, Donna Buchanan.
For those who have died, and family and friends in mourning:Helen Brown, Rita, Catherine Chapman, Carol Anne Guse
Please Mark Your Calendars for these Advent/Christmas Services
at ST. Augustine's!
We gather in prayer, in community, and in hope. We review our lives in the light of God’s love. We commit ourselves to living in God’s way in the world. We celebrate together the birth of Jesus. Please mark off these dates at the church.
• Christmas Festival (Friday, December 20th, 6-8pm) - A bonfire in the parking lot, sweets, and warm drinks. Mark the last day of school and winter Solstice this Advent! We will be inviting the neighbourhood to this one, so please bring a friend!
• KID'S PAGEANT! - (Advent IV, Sunday, December 22nd 10am) Kids tell the story like no other. We will give our talented and amazing St. A's kids front stage the Sunday before Christmas to thrill us with the story of Jesus' birth. Don't miss it!
• 4PM Holy Communion - A traditional, but simply presented service geared to accommodate families with young kids and others who need a shorter engagement. It will last within an hour and include a candlelight procession, carol singing, a simple engagement with Jesus' story of birth, and communion (bread and wine). We welcome all followers of Jesus to our communion table.
• 9PM Carol Sing - There is so much great Christmas music. Join us in this extended preparation for worship
• 9:30PM Holy Communion - a traditional Candlelight vigil service in the Anglican Christian tradition on the eve of our Christmas celebration.
8AM Holy Communion - a very simple communion service to mark this most holy of days. There is a surprising freshness to this simple day and service that is beautiful every year. The trumpets ring out, the angels sing. Jesus Christ is born this day!
Groups & Parish Annoucement
• BELLES & BEAUS – Please join us at Grace United Church on Wednesday, December 18 from 1:30 pm till 3:00pm for their Youthful Senior’s Group Christmas Party. Please bring new socks to donate to Bissell along with a potluck goodie for sharing.
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Dec. 17th at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. No meeting in December.
• You can now give to St. Augustine’s through the website using your credit card.