Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost – October 27, 2019
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
20th Sunday after Pentecost – October 27
Joel 2: 23 – 32
2 Timothy 4: 6 – 8, 16-18
Luke 18: 9 – 14
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
All Saints Day– November 3
Daniel 7: 1 – 3, 15-18
Ephesians 1: 11 – 23
Luke 6: 20 – 31
Please remember in your prayers this week:
The sick or/in hospital: James, John & Edna, Linda Kizan, Don, Lise, Justin, Lydia, Jeff, Eileen F. Chloe & Rachel (newborn twins), Cyndi, Janice, Rohan, Cheryl, Morley.
For those in mourning:
• ENCOUNTERS –Sunday morning study group meet in the lounge at 08:30 am. Please join us. Everyone welcome. Thank you.
• Chapel Services
Monday to Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
• JOIN US ON OCTOBER 31ST – HALLOWEEN – ON THE FRONT LAWN FOR HOT CHOCLATE
There will be a warm fire and chairs to keep you compfy while you chat with friends & neighbours.
• HELP NEEDED WITHIN THE PARISH – NEW ELECTRIC SIGN - small committee to lead the process. Also, a Fire Committee for fire drills & other related safety procedures. Please speak to Rev. Crane. Joe Sparling is interested in the sign committee & June Greig would like to be part of the fire committee, but we both need help, please consider helping out. Thank you.
• BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, November 12 – Join us for a trip to Greenland’s. If you need a ride, please be at church by 10:45 am as we hope to leave by 11:00 am. We will have lunch and an opportunity to wonder around all the beautiful Christmas decorations and gifts on sale. Sign up sheet in the Narthex.
• TUESDAY AT BLU’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Nov. 5th at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• STEWARDSHIP – In our year-long stewardship program this November, we will be meditating on God’s gift of community to us. On the last Sunday of November (24th) we will have our annual financial stewardship celebration and lunch to celebrate the new church year – please plan to stay after our 10 am service to eat together. St. Augustine’s is funded entirely on individual donations. Together we are so thankful for this community’s generosity. We will be inviting estimates of giving to help with our 2020 budgeting process on that day.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. Please see New Schedule on the Notice Board.
Anglicans are busy across the diocese - see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
• CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986).
Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
• New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
• SENIORS’ HEALTH & WELLNESS FORUM – Saturday, November 2 – Central Lions Seniors Recreation Centre – 11113 – 113 Street – FREE REGISTRATION – 780 809-8604
• ST. GEORGE’S 3RD ANNUAL FUNDRAISING CONCERT – Friday, Nov 8 at 7:00 pm – 11733 – 87 Ave. - Featuring AKUSTIK (Harry Sumantry Music) with Evan & Anna Yin – Tickets $20 – Wine & Cheese reception to follow – Call 780 439-1470 for ticket/information.
• GREAT GINGERBREAD HOUSE BUILD-OFF – FUN - FUN – FUN - at Holy Trinity Anglican Church – Friday, November 29th @ 5:00 pm -Great Gingerbread House Build-Off – FREE – ALL YOUTH 12+ are invited to join us from 5 to 9 pm for a meal (which we’ll make together) and to build our annual gingerbread houses! Invite a friend and RSVP to Rev. Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org – so we can ensure there are enough gingerbread houses for everyone.
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
SOUND OPPORTUNITY – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY – Thursday nights - a Four- year Certificate in Theology
GEA-GREATER EDMONTON ALLIANCE - organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.