Newsletter, October 20, 2019
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
19th Sunday after Pentecost – October 20, 2019
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
Nursery & kid’s program available
This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost – October 20
Jeremiah 31: 27 – 34
Psalm 119: 97 – 104
2 Timothy 3: 14 –- 4:5
Luke 18: 1 – 8
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
20th sunday after Penecost -October 27
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: James, John & Edna, Linda Kizan, Don, Lise, Justin, Lydia, Jeff, Eileen F. Chloe & Rachel (newborn twins), Cyndi, Janice, Rohan, Chery, Morley.
For those in mourning
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
· ENCOUNTERS –Sunday morning study group meet in the lounge at 08:30 am. Please join us. Everyone welcome. Thank you.
· Weekday Services in the Chapel 8:45 am
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
ST. A’S EVENTS COMING UP
HELP NEEDED WITHIN THE PARISH – 1. New Electric Sign – small committee to lead the process. 2. FIRE committee for Fire Drills & other related safety procedures. Please speak to Rev. Crane. Joe Sparling is interested in the sign committee & June greig would like to be part of the fire committee, BUT WE BOTH NEED HELP, PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING OUT. THANK YOU.
· COFFEE FUNDRAISER FOR MEDICAL CARDS FOR BURUNDI SENIORS – THANK YOU TO EVERYONE that Donated! We surpassed our Goal of $300.00.
· BELLES & BEAUS: Watch for details on the November event – available soon.
· TUESDAY AT BLU’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – November 5th at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
· BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. Please see New Schedule on the Notice Board.
· ST. FAITH’S – Thank ou to everyone that donated to the purchase of the meat slicer - We surpassed our goal of $180.00. The amount over the $180.00 will be donated for the Christmas Gifts at PRAYER WORKS. Thank you everyone.
. SIMPLE SUPPER: Friday, October 25, 5:30pm - 7:00pm. Mark your calendar!
· SHAKERS & MAKERS MARKET – Our very own GANG – SAT. OCTOBER 26 from 10 am – 3 pm – Southminster-Steinhauer United Church at 10740 – 19 Avenue. Admission $1.00 – Concession available. Beautiful handmade items and baking – Please come out in support.
· **Office Notes: Please book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ file box downstairs.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese - see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
· CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street or call 1-888-6283.
· New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info. • FULTON PLACE COMMUNITY LEAGUE – Sunday Night Hockey Shinny – Sunday, October 20 to Sunday, March 22, 2020 (No Shinny Dec 22 & 29) – Looking for Players. – 9 – 10:30 pm – Michael Cameron Arena, 14040 – 56 Street – Full Season $475.00 (cash or e-transfer). Payment plan available. Questions & registration – email Jorgen – email@example.com Proceeds of season for sending teens to summer camp.
• SENIORS’ HEALTH & WELLNESS FORUM – Saturday, November 2 – Central Lions Seniors Recreation Centre – 11113 – 113 Street – FREE REGISTRATION – 780 809-8604 – See Poster on Bulletin Board.
• ST. GEORGE’S 3RD ANNUAL FUNDRAISING CONCERT – Friday, Nov 8 at 7:00pm – 11733 – 87 “Ave, - Featuring AKUSTIK (Harry Sumantry Music) with Evan & Anna Yin – Tickets $20. – Wine & Cheese reception to follow – Call 780 439-1470 for ticket/information.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’S.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
New Immigrant– Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights - a Four year Certificate in Theology
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance - organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
More information, sermons, and media online. Please connect with us to stay informed!