Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
All Saints Day – November 3, 2019
THIS SUNDAY - TIME CHANGE - TURN YOUR CLOCK BACK ONE HOUR ON SATURDAY NIGHT
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE IN THE PEW BROCHURE !
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
Please remember in your prayers this week: Ray, Connie, Morley, Rick, Lydia, Justin, Don, Lise, James, John & Edna, Linda Kizan, Rohan, Cheryl.
For those in mourning: Family & friends of Ethel Goddard.
All Saints Day– November 3
Daniel 7: 1 – 3, 15-18
Ephesians 1: 11 – 23
Luke 6: 20 – 31
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
22nd Day After Pentecost– Nov. 10
Haggai 1: 15b – 2:9
2 Thessalonians 2: 1 – 5, 13 - 17
Luke 20: 27 – 38
ENCOUNTERS –Sunday morning study group meet in the lounge at 8:30 am. Please join us. Everyone welcome.
Weekly Chapel Services
Monday to Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on next Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Morning prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
ST. A’S EVENTS COMING UP
· BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, November 12 – Join us for a trip to Greenland. If you need a ride, please be at church by 10:45 am as we hope to leave by 11:00 am. We will have lunch and an opportunity to wonder around all the beautiful Christmas decorations and gifts on sale.
Sign-up sheet in the Narthex.
· TUESDAY AT BLU’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Nov. 5th at 10:00 am.
Everyone welcome – Please join us.
· STEWARDSHIP – In our year-long stewardship program this November, we will be meditating on God’s gift of community to us. On the last Sunday of November (24th) we will have our annual financial stewardship celebration and lunch to celebrate the new church year – please plan to stay after our 10am service to eat together. St. Augustine’s is funded entirely on individual donations. Together we are so thankful for this community’s generosity. We will be inviting estimates of giving to help with our 2020 budgeting process on that day. ·
· BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. Please see New Schedule on the Notice Board.
**Office Notes: Please book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ file box downstairs.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese - see more events on the Diocesan
“SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
• CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986).
Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
• New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
• ST. GEORGE’S 3RD ANNUAL FUNDRAISING CONCERT – Friday, Nov 8 at 7:00pm – 11733 – 87 “Ave, - Featuring AKUSTIK (Harry Sumantry Music) with Evan & Anna Yin – Tickets $20. – Wine & Cheese reception to follow – Call 780 439-1470 for ticket/information.
• HOLY TRINITY – NOVEMBER 8 & 9 @ 7:30pm & NOVEMBER 22 @ 2:000pm. 3 in 1 Productions presents – “WHO GOES THERE?” written by David Belke & friends – “Every life is full of stories”. Tickets are $16.75 at the door or Tix on the Square. POSTER ON NB.
• MR. ROGERS – “A BEAUTIFUL DAY in the NEIGHBOURHOOD”. In theatres November 22nd. Tells a story of a real-life friendship between Mr. Rogers and a cynical journalist. Rogers sees and accepts his friend as a child of God, illustrating how ONE PERSON can inspire a world of kindness. Family friendly.
• GREAT GINGERBREAD HOUSE BUILD-OFF – FUN - FUN – FUN - at Holy Trinity Anglican Church – Friday, November 29th @ 5:00 pm -Great Gingerbread House Build-Off – FREE – ALL YOUTH 12+ are invited to join us from 5 to 9 pm for a meal (which we’ll make together) and to build our annual gingerbread houses! Invite a friend and RSVP to Rev. Danielle at email@example.com
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’S.
• MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
• SOUND OPPORTUNITY – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
• GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
• EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY – Thursday nights - a four- year certificate in theol.
• GEA-GREATER EDMONTON ALLIANCE - organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.