Welcome to St. Augustine’s. Twenty-Third Sunday after Pentecost –November 17, 2019
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
Nursery & kid’s program available
This Week’s Scripture Readings: 23rd Day After Pentecost– Nov. 17 Isaiah 65: 17 – 25 Canticle 3 Thessalonians 3: 6 – 13 Luke 21: 5 – 19 Bas 392
Next Week’s Scripture Readings: Reign of Christ– Nov. 24 Jeremiah 23: 1 – 6 Canticle 19 Colossians 1: 11 – 20 Luke 23: 33 – 43 Bas 394
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: Ray, Connie, Morley, Rick, Lydia, Justin, Don, Lise, James, John & Edna, Linda Kizan, Rohan, Cheryl, Angela Nunes & baby, Rod & Marianne, Cyndi, Chloe & Rachel, Fergus.
For those in mourning: Family & friends of Ethel Goddard.
· ENCOUNTERS –Sunday morning study group meet in the lounge at 08:30 am. Please join us.
· Chapel Services (Monday to Friday – 08:45 am )
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer **You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
· HELP NEEDED WITHIN THE PARISH – FIRE COMMITTEE FOR FIRE DRILLS & OTHER RELATED SAFETY PROCEDURES. PLEASE SPEAK TO REV. CRANE. JOE SPARLING IS INTERESTED IN THE SIGN COMMITTEE & JUNE GREIG WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THE FIRE COMMITTEE, BUT WE BOTH NEED HELP, PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING OUT. THANK YOU.
· 2020 CHURCH CALENDARS ARE HERE - $5.00 each. Only a limited number available. Please see Eileen Fairbrother to order.
· ADVENT & CHRISTMAS - DAILY REFLECTIONS For 2019 /2020 ARE AVAILABLE IN THE NARTHEX.
· BELLES & BEAUS – Please join us at Grace United Church on Wednesday, December 18 from 1:30 pm till 3:00pm for their Youthful Senior’s Group Christmas Party. Please bring new socks to donate to Bissell along with a potluck goodie for sharing.
· TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Nov. 19th at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
· Get recorded sermons automatically to your iPad or Phone. On your podcast app, search “St. Augustine’s Anglican Church.” More info and links on the website.
· You can now give to St. Augustine’s through the website using your credit card. Set up a one-time payment, or automatic giving. Click the “GIVE” button on the website for more information
· STEWARDSHIP – In our year-long stewardship program this November, we will be meditating on God’s gift of community to us. On the last Sunday of November (24th) we will have our annual financial stewardship celebration and lunch to celebrate the new church year – please plan to stay after our 10am service to eat together. St. Augustine’s is funded entirely on individual donations. Together we are so thankful for this community’s generosity. We will be inviting estimates of giving to help with our 2020 budgeting process on that day.
· BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. Please see New Schedule on the Notice Board.
**Office Notes: Please book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ file box downstairs.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese - see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
· New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
· CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
· RED CROSS BABYSITTING & FIRST AID COURSE - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – 9am to 4:30 pm – Fulton Place Community Hall. Girls & Boys age 11 + as of end of February 2020 – bring a lunch, large floppy doll/teddy (must lay flat). Cost $75. – current FP league members qualify for $20. Subsidy – More info on notice board.
· MR. ROGERS – “A BEAUTIFUL DAY in the NEIGHBOURHOOD”. In theatres November 22nd. Tells a story of a real-life friendship between Mr. Rogers and a cynical journalist. Rogers sees and accepts his friend as a child of God, illustrating how ONE PERSON can inspire a world of kindness. Family friendly.
· GREAT GINGERBREAD HOUSE BUILD-OFF – FUN - FUN – FUN - at Holy Trinity Anglican Church – Friday, November 29th @ 5:00 pm -Great Gingerbread House Build-Off – FREE – ALL YOUTH 12+ are invited to join us from 5 to 9 pm for a meal (which we’ll make together) and to build our annual gingerbread houses! Invite a friend and RSVP to Rev. Danielle at email@example.com – to ensure there are a sufficient number of houses available.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative. ·
Anyone interested in gardening next year? Please let Sherry know so you can get your name in at the April kick-off meeting.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights - a Four- year Certificate in Theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance - Organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.