Sunday, January 26, 2020 3rd Sunday after Epiphany
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
ENCOUNTERS – meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings. Everyone welcome.
3rd Sunday after Epiphany – Jan 26
Isaiah 9: 1 – 4
Psalm 27; 1, 4 – 9
1 Corinthians 1: 10 – 18
Mathew 4: 12 - 23
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Presentation of the Lord – Feb 2
Malachi 3: 1 – 4
Hebrews 2: 14 – 18
Luke 2: 22 - 40
Please Remember in Your Prayers this Week
Those who are sick, suffering or in need: Jerry, Norman, Edna/John, Will, Justin, John, Lise, Don, Linda, Lydia, James.
For those who have died, and those who morn: Archdeacon Casmir (Buye), Michael, Marilyn, Ray.
The Wider Community
• People affected by wildfires in Australia.
• Those who have died, especially those killed in the crash of Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752, including many from the Iranian community in Edmonton; and all those who mourn.
• Our brothers and sisters in Christ from Treaty Six and Treaty Eight First Nations.
• Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buyé (Twinned Parishes).
Mark Your Calendars!
• STORY TELLING @ St. A’s. – Saturday, January 25 @ 6 pm – join us for a fun evening of Canadian railroad stories. Cost - $20.00 at the door or online – Chili supper included. Bring a friend/neighbour
• SIMPLE SUPPER - January 31, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:00pm.
• AGM TIME! Book February 9th in your calendar. We will check in if our parish budget reflects our hopes for God’s work at St. A’s, we will decide about chairs in the sanctuary, and commission a new vision group. **As part of our reporting you are invited to share any celebrations or a “thank-you” that you have from the past year.
Please email those into the office. Any ministry leaders are also invited to submit an update from your group.
• PEWS OR CHAIRS? You will see in our sanctuary that we are asking for feedback on our desire for pews or chairs in the sanctuary, pros and cons of each. Please respond with your thoughts by mid-January. The chairs would be funded by Sound Opportunity choir.
• GEA MEETING – St. A’s is hosting an “institutional Leader’s Luncheon” for the Greater Edmonton Alliance on Wednesday, February 12th 11:30 to 1:00 pm. You are more than welcome to come to find out more about GEA. Also, we would like to provide them with lunch. It is about 12 who come. Please speak to Rev. Crane if you are interested. St. A’s has been a part of GEA since its inception helping do community organizing for “the common good” in Edmonton.
• WORLD DAY OF PRAYER – Friday, March 6th at 7:00 pm - Saint Thomas d’Aquin Parish, 8410 – 89 Street – If you plan to attend and would like to do a reading, please contact Rev. Crane.
• BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, February 11th @ 1:30pm- Lunch at Vicky’s – More details to come. Event contact – June K. 780 570-0113
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – February 4, 2020 at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.