• Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday after Epiphany, January19
Isaiah 49: 1 – 7; Psalm 40: 1 - 12; 1 Corinthians 1: 1 – 9;
John 1: 29 – 42; BAS 349
• Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
3rd Sunday after Epiphany – Jan 26
Isaiah 9: 1 – 4; Psalm 27: 1, 4 – 9; 1 Corinthians 1: 10 – 18;
Mathew 4: 12 - 18; BAS 350
Prayers for our Community
Those who are sick, suffering or in need: Jerry, Norman, Edna/John, Will, Justin, John, Lise, Don, Linda, Lydia
For those who have died, and those who morn: Archdeacon Casmir (Buye), Michael, Marilyn, Ray .
The Wider Community
• People affected by wildfires in Australia.
• Those who have died, especially those killed in the crash of Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752, including many from the Iranian community in Edmonton; and all those who mourn.
• Our brothers and sisters in Christ from Treaty Six and Treaty Eight First Nations. • Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buyé (Twinned Parishes).
Isaiah 9: 1 – 4; Psalm 27: 1, 4 – 9; 1 Corinthians 1: 10 – 18; Mathew 4: 12 - 18; BAS 350
• An evening of Canadian railroad stories On January 25, at 6 pm, St. Augustine's, 6110 Fulton Rd, Edmonton, invites you to a chili supper and evening of railway stories told by Dawn Blue, a renowned, local storyteller and member of the parish. Tickets ($20) are available online through the church website or at the church.
• AGM TIME! Book February 9th in your calendar. We will check in if our parish budget reflects our hopes for God’s work at St. A’s, we will decide about chairs in the sanctuary, and commission a new vision group. **As part of our reporting you are invited to share any celebrations or “thank-yous” that you have from the past year. Please email those into the office. Any ministry leaders are also invited to submit an update from your group.
• Pews or Chairs? You will see in our sanctuary that we are asking for feedback on our desire for pews or chairs in the sanctuary, pros and cons of each. Please respond with your thoughts by mid-January. The chairs would be funded by Sound Opportunity choir.
• RED CROSS BABYSITTING & FIRST AID COURSE - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – 9am to 4:30 pm – Fulton Place Community Hall. Girls & Boys age 11 + as of end of February 2020 – bring a lunch, large floppy doll/teddy (must lay flat). Cost $75. – current FP league members qualify for $20. Subsidy – More info on notice board.
• GEA MEETING – St. A’s is hosting an “institutional Leader’s Luncheon” for the Greater Edmonton Alliance on Wednesday, February 12th 11:30 to 1:00 pm. You are more than welcome to come to find out more about GEA. Also, we would like to provide them with lunch. It is about 12 who come. Please speak to Rev. Crane if you are interested. St. A’s has been a part of GEA since its inception helping do community organizing for “the common good” in Edmonton.
• BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, January 14th - 1:30pm at St. A’s – Please join us to watch a heartwarming DVD and have fellowship with your friends – event contact is Eileen Perlau.
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.