8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
Nursery & Kid’s Tme program available
ENCOUNTERS –meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings. Everyone welcome.
This Week’s Scripture Readings: Presentation of the Lord – Feb 2
Malachi 3: 1 – 4, Psalm 84, Hebrews 2: 14 – 18 ,Luke 2: 22 - 40, BAS 401
Next Week’s Scripture Readings: 5th Sunday after Epiphany – Feb 9
Isaiah 58: 1 – 9a, Psalm 112: 1 - 0, 1Corinthians 2: 1 – 12, Matthew 5: 13 - 20, BAS 353
In our Community
• Those who are sick, suffering or in need: Jerry, Norman, Edna/John, Will, Justin, John, Lise, Don, Linda, Lydia, James.
• For those who have died, and those who morn: Archdeacon Casmir (Buye), Michael, Marilyn, Ray.
The Wider Community
• People affected by wildfires in Australia.
• Those who have died, especially those killed in the crash of Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752, including many from the Iranian community in Edmonton; and all those who mourn.
• Our brothers and sisters in Christ from Treaty Six and Treaty Eight First Nations.
• Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buyé (Twinned Parishes).
• AGM TIME! Book February 9th in your calendar. We will check in if our parish budget reflects our hopes for God’s work at St. A’s, we will decide about chairs in the sanctuary, and commission a new vision group. **As part of our reporting you are invited to share any celebrations or a “thank-you” that you have from the past year. Please email those into the office. Any ministry leaders are also invited to submit an update from your group. Lunch will be provided - Chili & Bun! and for the Kids downstairs, we have a Big Screen movie, popcorn and supervision during the meeting. See you there :)
• Pews or Chairs? You will see in our sanctuary that we are asking for feedback on our desire for pews or chairs in the sanctuary, pros and cons of each. Please respond with your thoughts by mid-January. The chairs would be funded by Sound Opportunity choir.
• GEA MEETING – St. A’s is hosting an “institutional Leader’s Luncheon” for the Greater Edmonton Alliance on Wednesday, February 12th 11:30 to 1:00 pm. You are more than welcome to come to find out more about GEA. Also, we would like to provide them with lunch. It is about 12 who come. Please speak to Rev. Crane if you are interested. St. A’s has been a part of GEA since its inception helping do community organizing for “the common good” in Edmonton.
• WORLD DAY OF PRAYER – Friday, March 6th at 7:00 pm - Saint Thomas d’Aquin Parish, 8410 – 89 Street – If you plan to attend and would like to do a reading, please contact Rev. Crane.
• L’ARCHE EDMONTON – MARCH 12 OR JUNE 4 – both at 6 pm -Invites you to Fundraise with Fondue at the Melting Pot Restaurant, 2920 Calgary Trail. Bid on our Silent Auction - Choose the date that suits you and your guests best. Tickets - $100 each – contact Alice 780 465-0618 ext. 210 or 587 335-3065 or email at - email@example.com ·
• Grace United Senior Youthful Group – Valentine Day Tea - Wednesday, 19 February at 1:30 pm. **please note – this is a special event and you are requested to rsvp”. firstname.lastname@example.org or 780 466-0916
• BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, February 11th @ 11:30am - Lunch at Vicky’s – More details to come. Event contact – Mary Jean at email@example.com
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – February 4, 2020 at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.