8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
ENCOUNTERS –Encounters meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings December 1 to 22 to study an ecocentered Advent program produced by Terri Mackenzie SHCJ & Society of the Holy Child Jesus. We have used this program for many years & find it helpful to prepare for the incarnation. Please join us for this special presentation. Everyone welcome.
This Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday of Advent – Dec. 08
Isaiah 11: 1 – 10
Psalm 72: 1 – 7, 18 – 19
Romans 15: 4 – 13
Matthew 3: 1 – 12
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
3rd Sunday of Advent – Dec. 15
Isaiah 35: 1 – 10
Canticle 72: 18a
James 5: 7 – 10
Matthew 11: 2 – 11
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: Ray, Connie, James, Linda Kizan, Janice, Michael Miller, Edna & John, Lydia, Chloe & Rachel & their Parents & Grandparents, Marie.
For those in mourning: Family & friends of Helen Brown, Family & friends of Rita
Please Mark Your Calendars for these Special Advent Events
at ST. Augustine's !
We gather these 4 Sundays in prayer, in community, and in hope. We review our lives in the light of God’s love. We commit ourselves to living in God’s way in the world. We celebrate together the birth of Jesus. Please mark off these dates at the church.
• HEALING SERVICE AND ANOINTING - (Advent III, Sunday, December 15th 8&10am). We reflect on the brokenness and frailty of our life, and God's words of healing and wholeness. In a very simple act, you are welcome to receive hands laid on your head and oil placed on your forehead as an ancient and active prayer for healing. This will be done at the altar rail. You may come forward on behalf of yourself or for another. (Sanctuary decoration: We will decorate the sanctuary after service this day with egg nog and cookies. Please bring some Christmas treats if you can)
• RETREAT MORNING (Wednesday, December 11th, 9am-1pm) Silence has the power to invite us richly into heightened attention and focus. Centered around two Advent meditations, you will be invited, led, and guided to engage in a deeper engagement with this season. God is always at work - let us pause together and hear God's voice. Oldsters and newbies both welcome.
• Christmas Festival (Friday, December 20th, 6-8pm) - A bonfire in the parking lot, sweets, and warm drinks. Mark the last day of school and winter Solstice this Advent! We will be inviting the neighbourhood to this one, so please bring a friend!
• KID'S PAGEANT! - (Advent IV, Sunday, December 22nd 10am) Kids tell the story like no other. We will give our talented and amazing St. A's kids front stage the Sunday before Christmas to thrill us with the story of Jesus' birth. Don't miss it!
• CHRISTMAS EVE
• 4PM Holy Communion - A traditional, but simply presented service geared to accommodate families with young kids and others who need a shorter engagement. It will last within an hour and include a candlelight procession, carol singing, a simple engagement with Jesus' story of birth, and communion (bread and wine).
We welcome all followers of Jesus to our communion table.
• 9PM Carol Sing - There is so much great Christmas music. Join us in this extended preparation for worship
Programs/Events This week
• ADVENT & CHRISTMAS - DAILY REFLECTIONS FOR 2019 – 2020 ARE AVAILABLE IN THE NARTHEX.
• 2020 CHURCH CALENDARS ARE HERE - $5.00 each. Only a limited number available. Please see Eileen Fairbrother to order.
• BELLES & BEAUS – Please join us at Grace United Church on Wednesday, December 18 from 1:30 pm till 3:00pm for their Youthful Senior’s Group Christmas Party. Please bring new socks to donate to Bissell along with a potluck goodie for sharing.
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Dec. 17th at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• In person is best! But if you miss out, you can get recorded sermons automatically to your iPad or Phone. On your podcast app, search “St. Augustine’s Anglican Church.” More info and links on the website.
• You can now give to St. Augustine’s through the website using your credit card. Set up a one-time payment, or automatic giving. Click the “GIVE” button on the website for more info.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. No meeting in December. Schedule on NB.
• HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH has invited St. Augustine’s to a Christmas lunch Tuesday December 10 at 12noon – Please come & enjoy soup, buns & treats – Sign up sheet on NB for food preparation numbers – See NB.
• BLUE CHRISTMAS SERVICE @ Grace United – Sunday December 8th at 7:00 pm. Please join us for a service of quiet reflection & music. See more information on NB.
•HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH – 5104 – 106 Avenue – SENIOR’S FITNESS CLASS – Drop in Fridays – 1:30 – 2:30 – Six classes Nov 15-Dec 20 – Certified Instructor – Tonia Leskie. Cost before Christmas is “Free will donation” – See details on Notice Board.
•GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Sat. December 14 @ 7:00pm & Sun. December 15 @ 10am Worship Service – Senior Choir - presenting “A Christmas Presence”. (A Cantata by Pepper Choplin). See NB.
•RED CROSS BABYSITTING & FIRST AID COURSE - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – 9am to 4:30 pm – Fulton Place Community Hall. Girls & Boys age 11 + as of end of February 2020 – bring a lunch, large floppy doll/teddy (must lay flat). Cost $75. – current FP league members qualify for $20. Subsidy – More info on notice board.