Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION: kid’s program available during this service
This Week’s Scripture Readings: 6th Sunday after Epiphany – Feb 16 Deuteronomy 30: 15 – 20 Psalm 119: 1 – 8 1 Corinthians 3: 1 – 9 Matthew 5: 21 - 37 (BAS p354)
Next Week’s Scripture Readings: Transfiguration Sunday – Feb 23 Exodus 24: 12 – 18 Psalm 2 2 Peter 1: 16 – 21 Matthew 17: 1 - 9 (BAS p418)
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: Janice, Irene, Linda, Eileen, Jack, John, Edna & John, Darlene, Lydia, Brenden, Sarah. For those in Mourning: Family & friends of Nancy Gaye.
· ENCOUNTERS –Encounters meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings. Everyone welcome.
· Morning Prayers (Monday to Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel) Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading. Tuesday – Holy Communion Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer **You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
· 2020 CHURCH CALENDARS - $5.00 each. Selling fast – only four (4) left. Please see Eileen Fairbrother.
· TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – February 18, 2020 at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
· HOW BIRDS SURVIVE THE WINTER – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29th - 3:30 PM at St. Augustine’s. A Simple multi-age event about attending to the world around us presented by The Beaverhill Bird Conservatory – starring “RICKIE THE pettable SAW-WHET OWL. RSVP – reply to Rev. Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up in the narthex. POSTER on the NB. The Sunshine Garden Group has also been invited to attend.: · BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, March 10th @ 11:30 am – Sherwood Park Museum - More details to come - Event contact – June K. 780 570-0113
· In person is best! But if you miss out, you can get recorded sermons automatically to your iPad or Phone. On your podcast app, search “St. Augustine’s Anglican Church.” More info and links on the website. · You can now give to St. Augustine’s through the website using your credit card. Set up a one-time payment, or automatic giving. Click the “GIVE” button on the website for more info. · BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am – March 31 – “EDUCATED” BY Tana Westover. Everyone welcome.
· ADDICTION & GRACE – A LENTEN BOOK STUDY – Wed. nights in Lent – Commencing March 4th – 6:30 to 8:00 pm. You are invited to a prayer and discussion group at St. A’s lead by Rev. Jonathan Crane. Is addiction only something that a few people in our world experience? No! What we have learned medically and neurologically about addiction has much to say to us about the real nature of Sin in our world. As you read this book, you will grow in compassion for yourself and for others and will help you enter the way of Lent which is the way of the cross. Books are available from the office for $10.00 (half price) but can be accessed on kindle or kobo e-readers as well. Reply to email@example.com or sign up in the narthex.
· WORLD DAY OF PRAYER – Friday, March 6th at 7:00 pm - Saint Thomas d’Aquin Parish, 8410 – 89 Street – If you plan to attend and would like to do a reading, please contact Rev. Crane.
· GRACE UNITED SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – VALENTINE DAY TEA -WEDNESDAY, 19 FEBRUARY AT 1:30 PM. **PLEASE NOTE – THIS IS A SPECIAL EVENT AND YOU ARE REQUESTED TO RSVP”. firstname.lastname@example.org or 780 466-0916 **Office Notes: Please Book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00 pm. Any Mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex) or in the “Admin” file box downstairs. Thank you
Anglicans are busy across the Diocese - see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
· New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
· CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES –GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE - “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2020 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
· RED CROSS BABYSITTING & FIRST AID COURSE - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – 9am to 4:30 pm – Fulton Place Community Hall. Girls & Boys age 11 + as of end of February 2020 – bring a lunch, large floppy doll/teddy (must lay flat). Cost $75. – current FP league members qualify for $20. Subsidy – More info on notice board.
· FULTON PLACE SKATING RINK – OUTDOOR ICE PARTY – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15 – 3 – 6 PM - FREE for all Community members. – includes skating, horse-drawn rides, chili, popcorn and smores.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative. Anyone interested in gardening this year? Please let Sherry know so you can get your name in at the April kick-off meeting.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights - a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance - Organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter through the website to get these announcements, and more, in your inbox.
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church In the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton The Rt. Reverend Dr. Jane Alexander, Bishop The Reverend Jonathan Crane, Rector Megan Crane, Music Director
Office: 780-466-5532, Basement/Fax: 780-468-2771 E-mail: email@example.com Web Address: www.staugustinesedmonton.com www.facebook.com/staugustinesedmonton.com