FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE IN THE PEW BROCHURE OR ONLINE AT WWW.STAUGUSTINESEDMONTON.COM
8:00AM - SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM - OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION
NURSERY & KID’S PROGRAM AVAILABLE
ENCOUNTERS –Encounters meet at 8:30am Sunday mornings December 1 to 22 to study an ecocentered Advent program produced by Terri Mackenzie SHCJ & Society of the Holy Child Jesus. We have used this program for many years & find it helpful to prepare for the incarnation. Please join us for this special presentation. Everyone welcome.
**Please stay after service today for a special concert by ‘Sound Opportunity’, a community choir we host weekly. They will sing for about 35 minutes in the Sanctuary at 11:30 am.
1st Sunday of Advent– Dec. 1
Isaiah 2: 1 – 5
Romans 13: 11 – 14
Matthew 24: 36 – 44
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday of Advent – Dec. 08
Isaiah 11: 1 – 10
Psalm 72: 1 – 7, 18 – 19
Romans 15: 4 – 13
Matthew 3: 1 – 12
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital: Ray, Connie, James, Linda Kizan, Janice, Michael Miller.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THIS WEEK
• ADVENT LETTER: Please pick up a copy in the Narthex
• 2020 CHURCH CALENDARS ARE HERE - $5.00 each. Only a limited number available. Please see Eileen Fairbrother to order.
• HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH has invited St. Augustine’s to a Christmas lunch Tuesday December 10 at 12noon – Please come & enjoy soup, buns & treats – Sign up sheet on NB for food preparation numbers – See NB.
• ADVENT & CHRISTMAS - DAILY REFLECTIONS FOR 2019 – 2020 ARE AVAILABLE IN THE NARTHEX
• BELLES & BEAUS – Please join us at Grace United Church on Wednesday, December 18 from 1:30 pm till 3:00pm for their Youthful Senior’s Group Christmas Party. Please bring new socks to donate to Bissell along with a potluck goodie for sharing.
• TUESDAY AT BLUE’S - Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Dec. 3rd at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome – Please join us.
• In person is best! But if you miss out, you can get recorded sermons automatically to your iPad or Phone. On your podcast app, search “St. Augustine’s Anglican Church.” More info and links on the website.
• You can now give to St. Augustine’s through the website using your credit card. Set up a one-time payment, or automatic giving. Click the “GIVE” button on the website for more info.
• STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY – A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTED FOOD ITEMS & SETTING UP & CLEANING UP. YOUR HELP WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
• BOOK CLUB - Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am. Please see New Schedule on the Notice Board.
**OFFICE NOTES: PLEASE BOOK ANY SPACE YOU NEED AT THE CHURCH THROUGH THE CHURCH OFFICE SO IT CAN BE CHECKED AGAINST THE MASTER CALENDAR. THE CHURCH OFFICE IS OPEN MONDAY MORNINGS FROM 9:30 TO 11:30 AND THURSDAY MORNINGS FROM 9:00 TO 2:00. ANY MAIL FOR THE OFFICE? PLEASE DROP IT IN THE OFFICE MAILBOX (IN THE ANNEX), OR IN THE ‘ADMIN’ FILE BOX DOWNSTAIRS.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese - see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too!
• New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
• CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
• HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH – 5104 – 106 Avenue – SENIOR’S FITNESS CLASS – Drop in Fridays – 1:30 – 2:30 – Six classes Nov 15-Dec 20 – Certified Instructor – Tonia Leskie. Cost before Christmas is “Free will donation” – See details on Notice Board.
• HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH – November 30 – Bake Sale, Quilt Raffle etc. 10am to 4pm. See NB
• HOLY TRINITY – SUNDAY, DECEMBER 01 – POTLUCK AT 5:00pm & SERVICE AT 7:00 pm - ADVENT LESSONS & CAROLS SERVICE – see details on NB.
• BLUE CHRISTMAS SERVICE @ Grace United – Sunday December 8th at 7:00 pm. Please join us for a service of quiet reflection & music. See more information on NB.
• RED CROSS BABYSITTING & FIRST AID COURSE - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29 – 9am to 4:30 pm – Fulton Place Community Hall. Girls & Boys age 11 + as of end of February 2020 – bring a lunch, large floppy doll/teddy (must lay flat). Cost $75. – current FP league members qualify for $20. Subsidy – More info on notice board.