Give me a candle of the Spirit, O God, as I go down into the deeps of my being. Show me the hidden things, the creatures of my dreams, the storehouse of forgotten memories and hurts. Take me down to the spring of my life, and tell me my nature and my name. Give me freedom to grow, so that I may become that self, the seed of which You planted in me at my making.
(George Appleton, 20th century Anglican Bishop)
The Season of Lent traditionally draws us into Self-Reflection, Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving. If you are interested in planning your lenten journey this year, please access a process here: https://www.staugustinesedmonton.com/blog/planning-a-lenten-journey
All services are accessible by our usual Facebook Live link.
- Ash Wednesday @ 7pm *Please have a small amount of soil with you for this service.
- Sundays Lent 1 to Lent 5 @10am we remember how Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness being tested and prepared for his life of ministry. Preview the readings here.
- Holy Week
- Palm Sunday @10am (not including passion reading)
- Contemplating the Passion
- Monday 7pm - "Guided meditations on the stations of the Cross"
- Tuesday 7pm - "A feminine Reading of the Passion" and an invitation to share in the moosehide campaign.
- Wednesday 7pm - "Via Crucis" 14 sonnets on the way of the cross (For long-timers, this is our usual Good Friday stations sonnets moved to here)
- Maundy Thursday Liturgy @ 7pm
- Good Friday Traditional Liturgy @ 1pm
- Easter Vigil Liturgy, Saturday @ 7pm
- Easter Sunday @ 10am