26th Day after Pentecost, November 13, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable announcements here: nov-13-2016
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Twenty-Sixth Sunday after Pentecost – November 13 REMEMBRANCE SERVICE
Isaiah 65: 17-25
2 Thessalonians 3: 6-13
Luke 21: 15 – 19
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Reign of Christ
Luke 23: 33-43
10:00 am Liturgy: BAS
Events This Week
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustine’s – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays mornings each week at 08:45 am.
- Tuesday Evening Interest Group – 15 in lower lounge at 7:00- 8:30.
- 2017 CHURCH CALENDARS FOR SALE $5.00 – see Eileen Fairbrother.
- SPIRITUALITY TALKING CIRCLE – Space to explore faith – open circle for anyone of any faith or no faith – 2 sessions remaining – Wednesdays – Nov. 16 & 23 – 7 to 8:30 pm – dues $3.00 @ St. A’s.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:00am. Using John Donahue’s “Hearing the word of God”, reflections on the Sunday Readings from now until the beginning of Advent, November 27th. Everyone welcome.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting on Tuesday, November 15st.
- KICK-FLIP – Wednesday, November 23 @ 6:00pm – Tickets $40.00 – Fulton Ravine Skate Park Project – featuring the 11 O’clock number in a full -length, fully improvised production about skateboarding – doors open at 6pm for drinks/ Show at 7:30 pm – L’Unitheatre, 8627 – 91 Street – for tickets: http://kickflip.evenbrite.ca
- Belles – NOV 23 WEDNESDAY: 1:30 – 3 pm. Andrew’s Day with Grace United – Anna was very enthused about us joining them for St. Andrew’s Day. We will bring SHORTBREAD (Please let us know if you plan to come) Men are welcome. Contact person: Lauretta Howard
- Scared to say grace at supper? Unsure where to start? Come on Nov. 22nd for a soup and buns supper and a workshop on the sometime intimidating act of giving thanks before meals. 5:30-7:30pm. $5.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Friday, November 25 – doors open at 5:00, Supper served at 5:30. Please join us and bring a friend. Good food and companionship. Groups of ten (10) or more, please make a reservation – Lauretta 780 466-9510. Thank you.
- IGNATIAN SPIRITUAL EXERCISES you may begin this incredible process of prayer individually with Pat Jameson directing. Consider this if you are seeking greater depth in your prayers and sense of God’s love. Talk to Pat or Rev. Jonathan for more info.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – CRAFT & BAKE SALE – SAT. NOVEMBER 19
10 am to 2 pm – “New to you” gifts – Picture with Santa @ 11am-1pm Lunch available – Adults $8, Children (under 12) $4.
- THIRD ANNUAL FREE COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS DINNER – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10 @ HARDISTY JUNIOR HIGH 5:00 PM – tickets available – Grace United Church at- 466-0916. Sponsored by Seven Area Faith organizations.
- NO ROOM AT THE INN – This Christmas season “A Safe Place” has been chosen. It is a shelter for women and their children fleeing abuse. Brochures will be available.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- BOOK & BAKE SALE – George’s – 11733 – 87 Avenue (by U of A) on Saturday, November 19 – 9 am to 2 pm – Great for Christmas shoppers. Lunch will be available.
- DAVID’S – A Carol Sing – 79 Avenue & 85 Street – All are welcome Apple cider, hot chocolate & mince tarts will be provided.
- DIOCESE OF EDMONTON – TIME TO GIVE BLOOD –register online at blood.ca/joinpartnersforlife and enter Partner ID code ANGL696986 or call 1 888 236-6283 to Book or to speak to a Nurse (if you have any eligibility questions. The Diocese hopes to reach its goal by December 31. VERY CRITICAL.
- Lots more information in the Synod Scene – a copy of the recent information is on the notice board downstairs.
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Contact June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
MEN’S COUNCIL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.