Sorry, printable copy here could not be uploaded this week.
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE IN THE PEW BROCHURE OR ONLINE AT WWW.STAUGUSTINESEDMONTON.COM
8:00AM SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME
This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Third Sunday after Pentecost
1 Kings 17: 8 – 16
Galatians 1: 11 – 24
Luke 7: 11 – 17
10am Liturgy: Intergenerational
Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
1 Kings 21:1-10,15-21a
Next week 10am Liturgy: At Grace United
Events This Week
• We are pleased to have clergy and members of All Saints and St. Thomas’ Anglican Church Fort McMurray at St. A’s.
• Belles- Watch for next event to be announced soon.
• Tuesdays at Blues Java Bar – 50 Street & 106 Avenue. Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Next meeting is June 7th.
• SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, June 24th @ 5:30 pm. Come and bring a friend. Fundraiser for the G. A. N.G. (See back page).
• A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
• NATIONAL ABORIGINAL DAY – SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2016. The Anglican Church of Canada’s Primate, The Most Rev. Fred Hiltz has issued a “Call to Action #48 from Canada’s Truth & Reconciliation Commission”. A request that every Parish across Canada use this day as a public reading of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, accompanied by appropriate prayers and ceremonies in keeping with Indigenous spiritual customs. More details to come.
• On June 12th we have been invited to share worship with Grace United Church. We will not have worship at St. A’s this day, but join them for church and for their summer picnic lunch to follow.
• Edmonton Emergency Relief Services – still receiving donations for evacuees- NEW items only – 3870 – 98 Street – 780 428-4422.
• ENCOUNTERS – watch for start-up date in September 2016.
• EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – See notice board downstairs.
• KING’S UNIVERSITY– MAY/JUNE ANNOUNCEMENTS see notice board.
• June 04 – Rummage Sale at St. Luke’s, Edmonton.
The church office is open Monday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
• Cursillo Learning Opportunity – Saturday, June 11 @ St. Matthias, 6210 – 188 Street – special day of teaching with Bishop Jane – coffee @ 9 am. Bishop will be speaking on The Christian Life & the Marks of Mission. Lunch to be provided. Details on the synod website.
• Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund contributed $6,000. To support Fort McMurray evacuees within the Diocese of Edmonton and a gift of $15,000. to the Diocese of Athabasca for evacuees. PWRDF continues to collect donations.
• PILGRIMAGE IN FRANCE – July 22 – August 01, 2016 – Young Adults between 18 & 29 who may be interested are invited to apply. THIS IS A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME. See notice board downstairs. Info sessions this month. Openings still available.
• HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – 5th Annual Interfaith Build – July 07 to August 25, 2016 –HELP STILL NEEDED.
• ASCENSION HOUSE & ST. AIDAN’S HOUSE -currently recruiting new residents for the 2016-17 term (Beginning September 01, 2016) Nice place to live at a pretty fair price. Age group 18 – 25. Ascension House is within close proximity of MacEwan Campus and St. Aidan’s is just steps away from U of A campus.
• BASE CAMP – TEENS 12 TO 15 ––Star Wars theme camp – August 6 – 12 – see notice board.
• FORT MCMURRAY RESPONSE – Spare rooms/beds available to accommodate evacuees – Email – [email protected]
• Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
• Year II has begun! The garden is such a great place to meet local neighbors and support this initiative.
• FULTON PLACE GARDEN TOUR – Tuesday, June 21 & Wednesday, June 22 from 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Adults $10, Seniors $8, children free. Tickets – contact Sheila 780 468-9218.
THROUGH THE WEEK at St. A’s:
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Talk to June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
GEO BAR – See Justina at work in our kitchen and at local markets.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-GREATER EDMONTON ALLIANCE – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
THE MCELHATTON SCHOOL OF IRISH DANCE – Monday and Wednesday nights
MEN’S COUNCL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.