TRANSFIGURATION SUNDAY – February 26, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable Announcements: Feb. 26, 2017
Lent and Holy Week Details to come out tomorrow.
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Exodus 24: 12 – 18
2 Peter 1;16 – 21
10:00 am BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
First Sunday in Lent – March 05
Genesis 2: 15 – 17 & 3: 1-7
Romans 5: 12 – 19
10:00 am Contemplative LENT
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Rev. Glen Bresee, Jenny Nunes, Edna Tyler, Vera Morris, Rachel, Joe & Dorothy, Nate, Joey, Sally Foss, Kelly.
In mourning – Lauretta Howard & family in the loss of Mitchell Howard
– Family of Verna Wilson, long time parishioner – Family of Shari Jones Shaina, Faith Tristan – Family of Stuart .
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Encounters with Val McCormack. Everyone welcome.
- CENTERING PRAYER – Augustine’s – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays mornings each week at 08:45 am.
- SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE – Vestry approved @ just under $10,000. Installation in March 2017. We have donations of $4,000. Leaving $6,000. to come from our capital reserves. If anyone is able to make a specific donation to help cover the remaining costs, it would be much appreciated.
- 2017 CHURCH CALENDARS FOR SALE $5.00 – see Eileen Fairbrother.
- TUESDAYS AT BLUES JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Coffee and conversation on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 10 am. Come and join us for stimulating conversation on various topics of choice. Next meeting Tuesday, March 07.
- BELLES – TUESDAY, MARCH 14th – Greenland Garden Nurseries -Lunch – Car pool at Church at 1o:30 am – Contact Lauretta @ 780 466-9510 if you plan to attend.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP 2017 – Wednesday, March 15th Games afternoon – Grace United – 1:30 to 3:00 pm – bring your favorite board game to play with friends.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Friday, March 31st – doors open at 5:00, Supper served at 5:30. Groups of ten (10) or more, please make a reservation at the church office. Thank you.
- SHROVE TUESDAY – PANCAKES – TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 – 5-7 PM
- IGNATIAN SPIRITUAL EXERCISES -You may begin this incredible process of prayer individually with Pat Jameson directing. Consider this if you are seeking greater depth in your prayers and sense of God’s love. Talk to Pat or Rev. Jonathan for more info.
- VIOLENCE DIVINE @ St A’s – Wednesdays, March 1, 8, 15 & 29 – 1:30pm to 3:30pm – Facilitator – Val McCormack 780 410-1571.
- WORLD DAY OF PRAYER – Friday, March 03, 2017 at 7:00 PM – St. Luke’s Church, 8424 – 95 Avenue. Everyone welcome.
- RHYTHM OF LIFE WORKSHOP – @ St A’s – Saturday, March 11 – 9am to 12pm – Spend 3 hours and walk away with a new vison of how your life interacts with the life of God. We will explore the theology, tools and approaches that have been used for millennia to shape their rhythms of holy living – RSVP by March 2 [email protected]
- WOMEN’S BIKE NEEDED – Good cause – call Karen 780 445-4911.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- ANGLICAN FOUNDATON OF CANADA – 2017 CELEBRATING 60th ANIVERSARY – Details of plans coming soon – Limited Elegant design & tailor made limited edition of 100 “Anniversary Hope Bears” with outfits. $60.00 each – Available in May 2017.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- BLANKET DRIVE – STILL NEEDED – Edmonton emergency Relief Services Society – in need of blankets & winter clothing to help stock the warm-up vans & to give directly to the homeless as the Cold Arctic air settles in. Please bring to Church or any drop off locations in Synod Scene on notice board down stairs.
- BE STILL – Lenten Retreat with Bishop Jane Alexander – Thursday, MARCH 3 to Friday, Mar 04 – Live in $135 or Commute $95.00 – register at Star of the North 780 459-5511 by February 24, 2017.
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – Volunteers needed on construction sites for Pre-fab shops – February 23 to April 27, 2017. Watch for information to come on Carter Place 2017 – Former US President Jim & Rosalynn Carter in Edmonton in July. 150 homes to be built in Canada marking our 150th birthday – 75 in Edmonton area – requires 30 volunteers per day. Register – sign up for shifts on the website.
- YOUTH NIGHT – Ages 12 + – Good Shepherd Anglican Church 15495 Castledowns Road – pizza party, beverages, fellowship & Minecraft
Saturday, March 04 – time to be advised.
- YOUTH – FULL-MOON WINTER ADVENTURE CAMP – MARCH 10 – 12 It’s a FULL MOON weekend of winter sports, bonfire’s, indoor games, crafts, music, worship and great food. Daniels’s farm (approx. 40 minutes west of Edmonton near Onoway). Cost $50.00 – Must register by February 25th to [email protected].
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Contact June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.