***SUNDAY CORRECTION: The joint service this Sunday with Iglesia will begin at 10:30am. Please check with your friends to make sure they know.
Please go directly to the main door of the annex building as we will be guests of Iglesia. Those bringing potluck items should drop them off before hand as we will eat back at St. A’s. Thank you to all who are helping set up. A collection for st. A’s offering will be received at the potluck.
Second Sunday after Pentecost, may 29, 2016
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00am said Anglican Eucharist
10:00am Our main service of worship which changes with the church seasons and always includes Holy Communion and Kid’s Time – TODAY WE MEET IN THE CHURCH ANNEX @ 10:30 am for a joint service with Iglesia Menonita followed by a pot luck lunch in the church basement.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Second Sunday after Pentecost
Corinthians 10: 7-18
Psalm 66: 1 – 8
1 Peter 3; 13 – 22
Matthew 13; 31 – 33
10am Liturgy: BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Third Sunday after Pentecost
1 Kings 17: 8 – 16
Galatians 1: 11 – 24
Luke 7: 11 – 17
10am Liturgy: Intergenerational
Events This Week
- GLOBAL GATHERING Pot luck lunch following the 10:30 am service, may 29th, we will share a joint service and potluck with Iglesia Menonita Manantial de Vida (Spanish Mennonite Church of the Living Water) who make use of our Annex building. If possible, please bring a heritage based dish (any heritage). NO desserts, this has already been provided. It will be a great chance to learn more about one another and share a meal together. Contact Camille 780 732-0230.
- We are pleased to have clergy and members of All Saints and St. Thomas’ Anglican Church Fort McMurray at St. A’s.
- Belles– Watch for next event to be announced soon.
- Tuesdays at Blues Java Bar – 50 Street & 106 Avenue. Coffee and conversation on the first and third weeks of the month at 10 am. Next meeting is June 7th.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, June 24th @ 5:30 pm. Come and bring a friend. Fundraiser for the G. A. N.G. (See back page).
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- NATIONAL ABORIGINAL DAY – SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2016. The Anglican Church of Canada’s Primate, The Most Rev. Fred Hiltz has issued a “Call to Action #48 from Canada’s Truth & Reconciliation Commission”. A request that every Parish across Canada use this day as a public reading of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, accompanied by appropriate prayers and ceremonies in keeping with Indigenous spiritual customs. More details to come.
- On June 12th we have been invited to share worship with Grace United Church. We will not have worship at St. A’s this day, but join them for church and for their summer picnic lunch to follow.
- Edmonton Emergency Relief Services – still receiving donations for evacuees- NEW items only – 3870 – 98 Street – 780 428-4422.
- June 01 – Seniors Housing Info Event – 1 – 3:15 pm Fulton Place Community League 6115 Fulton Road – Register by calling Connie 780 462-1442 or seniorshousing.eventbrite.ca
- ENCOUNTERS – watch for start-up date in September 2016.
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – See notice board downstairs.
- KING’S UNIVERSITY– MAY/JUNE ANNOUNCEMENTS see notice board.
- June 04 – Rummage Sale at St. Luke’s, Edmonton.
- June 02 – 6 – 8 pm MASS BLANKET EXERCISE @ CITY HALL. Bring a blanket. See Notice Board.
The church office is open Monday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- Cursillo Learning Opportunity – Saturday, June 11 @ St. Matthias, 6210 – 188 Street – special day of teaching with Bishop Jane – coffee @ 9 am. Bishop will be speaking on The Christian Life & the Marks of Mission. Lunch to be provided. Details on the synod website.
- Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund contributed $6,000. To support Fort McMurray evacuees within the Diocese of Edmonton and a gift of $15,000. to the Diocese of Athabasca for evacuees. PWRDF continues to collect donations.
- PILGRIMAGE IN FRANCE – July 22 – August 01, 2016 – Young Adults between 18 & 29 who may be interested are invited to apply. THIS IS A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME. See notice board downstairs. Info sessions this month. Openings still available.
- HABITAT for HUMANITY – 5th Annual Interfaith Build – July 07 to August 25, 2016 –HELP STILL NEEDED.
- ASCENSION HOUSE & ST. AIDAN’S HOUSE -currently recruiting new residents for the 2016-17 term (Beginning September 01, 2016) Nice place to live at a pretty fair price. Age group 18 – 25. Ascension House is within close proximity of MacEwan Campus and St. Aidan’s is just steps away from u of a campus.
- BASE CAMP – TEENS 12 TO 15 ––Star Wars theme camp – August 6 – 12 – see notice board.
- FORT McMURRAY RESPONSE – Spare rooms/beds available to accommodate evacuees – Email – [email protected]edmontonanglican.ca
- Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- Year II has begun! The garden is such a great place to meet local neighbors and support this initiative.
- FULTON PLACE GARDEN TOUR – Tuesday, June 21 & Wednesday, June 22 from 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Adults $10, Seniors $8, children free. Tickets – contact Sheila 780 468-9218.
THROUGH THE WEEK at St. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Talk to June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
Geo Bar – See Justina at work in our kitchen and at local markets.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
The McElhatton School of Irish Dance – Monday and Wednesday night
MEN’S COUNCL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.