Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Ascension of the Lord – June 2, 2019
Printable Announcements: June 2, 2019
we welcome Rev. HEATHER LIDDELL WITH US TODAY.
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM– our main service of holy communion /w kids activities
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Ascension of the Lord – June 2
Acts 1: 1 – 11
Ephesians 1: 15 – 23
Luke 24: 44 – 53
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Day of Pentecost – June 9
Genesis 11: 1 – 9
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
Acts 2: 1 – 21
John 14: 8 – 17
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Connie, Ray, Don, Lise, Lydia, Brian Ireland.
For those in mourning:
St. A’s Events This Week
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group will be taking a summer break. Watch for start up date in September. Thank you.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday to Friday, 08:45 am in the Chapel. Drop in at any time.
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
- Tuesday – Holy Communion
- Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
St. A’s Events Coming up
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- PENTECOST CELEBRATION – MEAL & ROUND DANCING – SATURDAY, JUNE 8th @ 4PM – a PUBLIC EVENT ”FREE” AS PART OF OUR Easter season program – “Continuing in Reconciliation”.
Everyone welcome – please join us and welcome our guests.
- BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, June 11 – trip to Devonian Gardens Meet at Church by 10 am – Guided tram tour of the Gardens at 11:30 am followed by lunch, then one (1) hour to explore the area or enjoy a 2nd cup of coffee. Bus departs at 2 pm to return home. Please have $25.00 in hand to give Phyllis as you enter the bus.
Costs – Bus $10.00, Garden entrance $20.00, lunch about $15. (or you may bring your own. Estimate cost $50.00. Phyllis requires final numbers by JUNE 4th.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- ENNEAGRAM – The enneagram day at St. Michaels has been bumped to June 15th, details to come.
- STORIES FROM AWAY & MORE! Thursday, June 13 @ 7:00 pm at St. Augustine’s.$15.00 at the door. Storytelling is becoming a lost art & we are extremely privileged to have this opportunity to hear creative storytelling by top Canadian talent. DON’T MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY – SEE POSTER ON NOTICE BOARD.
- SAVE THE DATE – SATURDAY, JUNE 22 – PUB NIGHT & KARAOKE! – more details to come.
- NEEDED @ ST. A’S. – Looking for a backup person to help record the sermons and edit the sound files. Training available.
- PICNIC – SUNDAY, JUNE 9th We have been invited to join Grace United Church for their Service at 10:00am, with hot dogs and ice cream to follow. A family baseball game will follow at the Fulton ballpark for anyone interested in playing.
- **Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-236-6283.
- STRAWBERRY TEA & WHITE ELEPHANT SALE – Saturday, June 01 @ St. Luke’s Anglican Church from 10:30am to 2:00pm – cost $7.00. Come and brose our baking table, crafts and white elephant sale.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – 40TH Anniversary Banquet & Silent Auction – Saturday, September 28th – 5 to 9:30 pm @ King’s University 780 465-8314 for more information – see notice board.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp, July 21–26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche –Cost $385.00 includes camp fees, bus, food and activities. Apply through Diocese. Financial Assistance available, apply by June 10th.
- New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Jonathan for more info.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Senior’s Youthful Group – Thursday, June 6 – 8:30am – 1:30pm – Tea & Tour at the Legislature & Federal Building. Bus Transportation provided. Senior’s Week – the Legislature hosts tea service with a guest historian lecturer. Please RSVP by Sunday, March 31 to reserve your spot. Cost: $5.00.
- FULTON PLACE COMMUNITY – BIG BIN EVENT & COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE – SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 9 AM TO 3 PM – See NB.
- FULTON PLACE COMMUNITY – USED BICYCLE SALE – SATURDAY, June 15th, – Times not given – Contact [email protected]g .
- NINJA WARRIOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES & TEAM PARTIES – ages 5 years to Adults – see details on notice board.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- Some garlic sprouting up!
- A small group of leaders continue to apply for grant funding for the mural.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.