twenty-first SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – Oct. 29, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: Oct 29, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
21st Sunday after Pentecost – Oct. 29
1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Psalm 90:1-6, 13-17
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
All Saints Day – Nov. 5
Psalm 34:1-10, 22
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Doreen W; Joey; Linda K; Justin; Judy; Liam; Bill Buchanan; Sarah
For those in mourning – family of Robert Holowaychuk.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- PLEASE PICK UP AND READ THE “ANNEX BUILDING UPDATE”
Your reply would be appreciated, as soon as possible.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- 2018 CALENDARS – $5.00 each – Available Now – See Eileen Fairbrother
- LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS – TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31 – 6 TO 8 PM HALLOWEEN – out doors – Church front yard – fire pit – bring a chair warm coats, blanket – package of candy for neighbour children. Hot chocolate and maybe wine (checking into the wine)
St A’s NEWS & EVENTS
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- THE BELLES – Tuesday, November 14th. We will be going to Greenland’s to see their exquisite Christmas decorations and special gifts. Please save this date – more details to come regarding carpooling etc. Contact for event is June G. 780 469-0733.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – November 7th @ 10am.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Nov. 15th – 1:15 pm Car pool – Field Trip to the Aviation Museum Hangar. Explore the planes and experience the Aviation history – $8.50 pp.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, October 27th at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great socializing.
- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE STUDENTS –November 19th – Bake for the Worship Room- 15 to 20 students. Please help with a donation of baking – cookies, squares, sweet breads, pies or cakes. (June G. 780 469-0733). Thank you. We are mentioned in the Synod Scene on page 5.
- COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS BRUNCH – Saturday, December 9th – 10 am till Noon at Hardisty School – 10534 – 62 Street. The brunch will feed approx. 250 guests. Donations being accepted for Community Christmas Meal; this year will be the Greater Hardisty Area ‘s 4th Annual Community Christmas Meal that is being planned
by 14 Christian Faith Communities in the Greater Hardisty area (Gold Bar, Capilano, Fulton Place, Forest/Terrace Heights, Ottewell), We are looking for financial donations to cover the cost of the brunch. Donations (cash or cheque made out to Hope Lutheran Church) for the December 9th Community Christmas Brunch can be dropped off or mailed to Hope Lutheran Church 104 – 106 Avenue, Edmonton AB T6A 1G2. A Charitable tax receipt will be issued.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – Donation of 67 Units have been made so far. NEED 33 MORE UNITS – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.
- THE BISHOP INVITES US TO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM THE EFFECTS OF DROUGHT AND FAMINE and ALL VICTIMS OF TERRORIST ATTACKS, ESPECIALLY THE CITIZENS OF MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.
- CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR THE FOLLOWING NOTICES:
Transition/Independent to Assisted Living – Sat. Nov. 25 – 9-12 pm.
Cursillo Weekend – November 10-12 @ Star of the North Centre.
Marriage Encounter Weekend – November 3 – 5.
Surviving the Holidays Workshop – Sun. Nov 19, 11:30 – 2:30 pm @
Grace United – light lunch provided. Register at 780 466-0916.
Advent Retreat – December 01 @ 7:00 pm Lead by Bishop Jane.
Little Lost Girl – “I’ll be home for Christmas”. A faith musical play.
Dec. 8,11,13,15 & 16 – See notice Board
Tix on the square or at the door. See notice board.
Garden activities are wrapping up for the year. Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.