FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT – DECEMBER 24, 2017
Printable Copy Here: Dec. 24, 2017
**Wishing you a blessed Christmas**
- CHRISTMAS SERVICES;
- December 24th – No 8:00 am service
10:00 am Service with Kid’s Pageant & Holy Communion.
**** Christmas Eve
- 9:00 pm Carol Sing
- 9:30 pm Holy Communion. A special offering will be received for PWRDF.
December 25th Christmas Day
- 08:00 am – Holy Communion
8:00AM – NO SERVICE TODAY
10:00AM -PAGEANT SERVICE WITH HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|Sunday, December 24th, 2017
4th Sunday of Advent – Dec. 24
2 Samuel 7: 1-11, 16
Psalm 89: 1-4, 19-26
Romans 16: 25-27
Luke 1: 26
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
First Sunday after Christmas. Dec. 31
Isaiah 61: 10 – 62:3
Galatians 4: 4 – 7
Luke 3: 22 – 40
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Herb, Justin, Allan, Michael Miller, Bill Miller
For those in mourning – Family of Marie Fairbrother, Family of Terry King.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am in the lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Due to the Christmas Season the next meeting will be January 02, 2018.
- THE BELLES – Tentative date of Tuesday, January 16, 2018 -please watch for further details.
- SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24 – 6:30 PM Lesson & carol service at Mar Toma Church corner or 98 Avenue & 71 Street. Jonathon will be speaking to their congregation. Everyone invited.
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church to be concerned with how we reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. For more information speak to Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molineux.
- AGM – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2018 – Capital Spending Next Year – as part of our budget process for next year, vestry would like to make a priority list and plan for building maintenance upgrades and initiatives that would draw from our capital-designated reserves. If you have ideas for this, please let wardens or Dave Wiens know. We will prioritize these at the AGM.
- AGM FEBRUARY 11, 2018 – Vestry/Warden– with thanks to those who have served these last three years, St, Augustine’s will need a People’s Warden, a vestry clerk and there is room for other members as well. Vestry is our church council and wardens our key parish leaders. Please think and pray about who you would like to serve in these ways and ask them! It may even be you. Members to be ratified and commissioned at the AGM.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
- The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The Diocese of Edmonton Campaign 2017 A new goal of 100 units – Donation has now achieved the goal with 118 Units of blood. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Well done! Bishop says don’t stop now. let’s show how much more good we can do in 2017 – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- CAPILANO PLAYSCHOOL- Two new programs starting Wednesday January 24th for 3 – 4-year old’s. See details on notice board.
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – 2018 – NEW 25 CONTINUING EDUCATON COURSES – something for everyone. The Junior String Orchestra is offered at a great price: History of Christianity and more. Please see contact info on notice board.
**Wishing you a blessed Christmas**
Check out the garden at night as there are many lights and decorations! Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.