It’s shaping up to be a busy spring/summer in the Edmonton diocese. We hope that you will join us for these events intended to build knowledge and celebrate ministry, mission, liturgy and justice:
· June 6-7 , Join the ACW in celebrating 100 years of women’s ministry! A special two-day conference will be held at All Saints’ Cathedral, Edmonton on Friday, June 6 – Saturday, June 7, 2014 http://edmonton.anglican.org/come-to-the-water-women-of-faith-women-of-courage/ POSTER
· June 8 Pentecost , Join us for the Centennial Closing Service and Ordination, 3:00 pm, All Saints’ Cathedral. Bishop Jane intends, God willing, to ordain the Rev. Armand Mercier to the priesthood; Arthur Dyck, Aaron Parsall-Myler and Adenike Yesufu to the diaconate; and receive the Rev. John Mac Ayuen as a Priest.
· July 7-13 , Outdoor adventure-seekers in grades 7-9 are invited to join Dr. Mark Armstrong and the Rev. Nick Trussell for Base Camp 2014, a week of canoeing, hiking, games, singing and all-round good times. Campers will bus from Edmonton to beautiful Pine Bay in William A. Switzer Provincial Park. Dr. Mark served as chair of the Edmonton diocesan camping committee and as director of Base Camp for more than 25 years. Nick, a priest-in-mission for the Edmonton diocese and rector of Holy Trinity Riverbend, is also an experienced camper, having served as a counsellor and staff chaplain at Camp Hyanto in Lyndhurst, ON. Register by June 1, 2014. Scholarships available. http://edmonton.anglican.org/base-camp/ POSTER / BROCHURE
· July 20-23 , Join our Bishop Jane Alexander, ELCiC AB/Territories Bishop Larry Kochendorfer, ACC Primate Fred Hiltz and National ELCiC Bishop Susan Johnson for the National Anglican Lutheran Worship Conference at Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton on Sunday, July 20 – Wednesday, July 23, 2014. This conference offers more than 25 workshops, keynote addresses and chat room sessions with presenters from Canada and the US. Early bird registration deadline is June 15. Register as a team and receive additional discounts! http://www.nationalworshipconference.org/ POSTER / ARTICLE
· August 15-21 , Justice Camp 2014 Land, a hands-on, interactive conference like no other, will be held at The King’s University College in Edmonton. This event is designed for adults of ALL AGES, and is focused on raising up justice leaders within Canadian churches. Participants will participate in the following immersion experiences, including field trips to the Fort McMurray oil sands and Jasper National Park:
1. Faith in the Oil/Tar Sands Developments: Excavating for Deeper Narratives
2. Soup, Sandwiches, Supported Housing and Soul Care – Urban responses to Systemic Poverty
3. Aboriginal Reconciliation
4. Earth, Sky, Fire and Water: Ecology and Conservation
5. Food: Who Benefits?
6. From the Dust of the Ground: Inter-religious Perspectives
7. Land and See: How the Arts Shape our Visions of Place and Justice