Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Third Sunday of Easter – May 5, 2019
Printable Announcements: May 5, 2019
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION /w kid’s activities
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Third Sunday of Easter – May 5
Acts 9: 1 – 20
Revelation 5: 11 – 14
John 21: 1 – 19
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fourth Sunday of Easter – May 12
Acts 9: 36 – 43
Revelation 7: 9 – 17
John 10: 22 – 30
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Linda, Edna, Mike, Nancy Tinkler, Lydia.
For those in mourning:
St. A’s Events This Week
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday to Friday, 08:45 am in the Chapel. Drop in at any time.
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
- Tuesday – Holy Communion
- Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
St. A’s Events Coming up
- “Continuing in Reconciliation” Grandmother Teachings May 11th 10-3pm; May 19th 11am field trip to St. Faith’s; June 8 public round dance, 4pm.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- BELLES & BEAUS – Tuesday, May 14 – Lunch at Highlands Golf Club – Car pool available meet in Church parking lot at 11:40 am. Sign up sheet in the Narthex.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- ENNEAGRAM – The enneagram day at St. Michaels has been bumped into June, details to come.
- FABRIC FRENZY – THE GANG – Saturday, May 04 @ Hardisty School
9:00am to 3:30pm – Admission $2.00 – To donate 780 469-6327.
- PARISH SILENT RETREAT at Strawberry Creek– Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2 If you are interested and need more information speak to Pat Jameson.
- NEEDED @ ST. A’S. – Looking for a backup person to help record the sermons and edit them. Training available. Speak to Rev. Crane.
- **Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- HOMELESS CONNECT EDMONTON – CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED – clean and gently used, or new clothing needed for distribution at the Edmonton Convention Centre on Sunday, May 05. See Poster on NB for more details.
- CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-236-6283.
- DIOCESAN NEWSPAPER – BEFORE JUNE 1ST – VIA MAIL OR EMAIL FOR TELEPHONE – details on notice board.
- HABITAT FOR HUMANIY INTERFAITH WORKS PROJECT – MARCH 5 TO JUNE 5. – NEED 600 WORKERS, DONATIONS, OR HELP BY PROVIDING LUNCH FOR WORKERS – See Synod Scene /Notice Board.
**ANGLICAN STUDENT MINISTRY FUNDRAISER – MAY 16 – 6-9 pm UofA Faculty Club Tickets $125.00 pp – See Notice Board.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – 40TH Anniversary Banquet & Silent Auction – Saturday, September 28th – 5 to 9:30 pm @ King’s University 780 465-8314 for more information – see notice board.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp, July 21 – 26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche – More details to come.
- New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Jonathan for more info.
- WALKING & TALKING WITH JESUS – Edmonton Christian Male Choir – Spring Concert, Saturday, May 11 @ 7:00 pm – See NB
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Senior’s Youthful Group – Wednesday, May 15 – 1:30 – 3 pm – “Daring to Age Well” with Dr. Juby, Assoc. Professor in Geriatric Medicine, UofA.
- CAPILANO PLAYSCHOOL – FREE class and open house on Thru, y 23 – 1 to 3 pm – See Poster on NB.
- FULTON PLACE COMMUNITY – BIG BIN EVENT & COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE – SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 9 AM TO 3 PM – See NB.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- Some garlic sprouting up!
- A small group of leaders continue to apply for grant funding for the mural.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology