third SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – June 25, 2017
Marking National Aboriginal Day of Prayer
We are pleased to welcome Stanley Salopree to share with us some words and drum song
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
*****SUNDAYS IN SUMMER – ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM*****
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
3rd Sunday after Pentecost – June 25
Psalm 86:1-10, 16-17
9:30 am Contemplative
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
4th Sunday after Pentecost – July 2
9:30 am Contemplative
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Dan, Ray, Joey, Mark, Gordon Johnson, Sarah.
In mourning – Family of Janine Stainton. Family of Mari Dean. Family of RoseMarie Axani. Family of Lauretta Howard in the loss of her sister.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Sundays in the Summer – a single service at 9:30 am.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Taking a summer break. Will start up again in September. Watch for date.
- RAFFLE – Fundraising event – We will be selling Raffle tickets for a ELECTRIC TABLE TOP BBQ & $25.00 GROCERY GIFT CARD. Tickets are $2.00 ea. or 3 for $5.00. Draw date is Sunday, July 16th. See Vestry members for tickets.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – “Seniors on the Go” Weds July 19 @ 1:00 pm – Short presentation by ETS – take bus & LRT to Legislature for a tour. Sign up sheet on notice Board. Limit of 30.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Wednesday August 23 – Trip to the Ellis Bird Farm at Lacombe – Limit of 25. More details to come.
- ***IDEAS*** Vestry is inviting ideas for mission initiatives that might make use of available REACH FUNDS. See poster/handbill for info.
- AUGUSTINE’S – SIMPLE FUNDRAISING FOR CHURCH PROJECTS – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING OPTIONS TO DO SOME SIMPLE FUNDRAISING, please speak to your People’s Warden Joyce.
- TEA FUNDRAISER FOR ST. A’S – SATURDAY, JUNE 24 – 2 to 4 pm. –tickets – Adults $20.00 – Children $10.00. Dress in your Sunday Best. Volunteers are needed on Friday, June 23 and 24 for set up etc. If you can help, please speak to Joyce Taylor.
- BELLES – watch for future events.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – We will be taking a summer break and will resume in September. Please watch for new date.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – next date to be advised.
- CANADA WALK 4 JESUS – Sunday, July 9 at 2:00 pm – see notice board for details.
- Have you heard of the Logos program at Hardisty School? It is a nondenominational Christian program that operates in the public school system. Please contact Hardisty School at 780-469-0426 for more info or to register your child for the 2017/18 school year.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- SOCIAL JUSTICE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION – Saturday, June 24 @ 10 am to 1 pm – lunch provided at Holy Trinity Church, 10037 – 84 Avenue, Upper Hall.
- FAMINE RELIEF MATCHING FUNDS PROGRAM – UNTIL JUNE 30TH The Federal Government will match donations made by Canadians to registered charities working to provide famine assistance in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen and neighbouring regions. (This includes the Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund). Bishop Jane is encouraging all parishes throughout the Diocese to take advantage of this opportunity to make our giving go further during this unprecedented time of suffering.
- SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE BISHOP – WATER JUSTICE – The Anglican Diocese of Edmonton presents an opportunity to connect with and learn the issue of Water Justice. All are invited to a webcast of Trinity Institute’s 46th National Theological Conference, “WATER JUSATCE”. Hear from local leaders, renowned activists, scholars, authors and experts of the water justice movement.**POSTPONED! – A NEW DATE WILL BE CHOSEN, POSSIBLY FOR THE FALL OF 2017. PLEASE WATCH FOR DETAILS.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL696986 .
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – New programs over the summer and in the fall – Anglican Certificate presented on completion of course. See further details, dates & locations in the Synod Scene.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- 3RD ANNUAL FULTON PLACE GARDEN
- Join the garden crew every Wednesday night 6:30pm-7:30pm for snacks and a work bee. Everyone welcome.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
Connect with St. A’s!
1) Pew welcome card (Place in offering basket)
2) Sign up for blog updates and announcements @ www.staugustinesedmonton.com