Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Second Sunday after Pentecost – June 23, 2019
Printable Announcements: June 23, 2019
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM– our main service of holy communion /w kids activities
*Summer schedule* we will move to our summer schedule of one service at 9:30am from July 7th until labor day.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday after Pentecost – June 23
1 Kings 19: 1 – 15a
Psalm 42 & 43
Galatians 3: 23 – 29
Luke 8: 26 – 39
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
3rd Sunday after Pentecost – June 30
2 Kings 2: 1 – 2, 6 – 14
Psalm 77:1-2, 11-20
Galatians 5: 1, 13 – 25
Luke 9: 51 – 62
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Connie, Ray, Don, Lise, Lydia, Brian Ireland, Mike, Val, Rod, Shauna, Lorne, Irene, Aime, Edna, John, Ingrid, Jim., Brent.
For those in mourning:
St. A’s Events This Week
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group will be taking a summer break. Watch for start up date in September. Thank you.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Taking a summer break. Wishing you a relaxed, healthy and warm summer. Watch for our start-up date in September.
St. A’s Events Coming up
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. No summer program planned, but if you want to talk, you may find one of us at Blu’s on the first or third Tuesday of the month at 10 am. Have a nice summer, see you in September.
- BELLES & BEAUS – Enjoying a summer break. Watch for start-up date in September.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- L’ARCHE COMMUNITY – FRIDAY, JUNE 21 @ 5:00 PM –Fulton School Field – Live music, dancing, popcorn, games $ BBQ – Costs $12.00 Adults & $6.00 for children 8 and under. For Tickets call Mwando 780-465-0618 ext. 203 – See details on notice Board.
- NEEDED @ ST. A’S. – Looking for a backup person to help record the sermons and edit the sound files. Training available.
- **Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986). Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-236-6283
- IMPORTANT – especially over the summer months. Please give, if you are able.
- EFM – EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY – Registration now open. Program gives lay people a basic grounding in the main theological subjects. Course runs September through May – Registration due by July 15. If interested speak to June Miller here at St. A’s. or contact Rev. Robin Walker at 587 523-4297 or email @ [email protected]
- DOCTRINE OF DISCOVERY – Stolen Lands, Strong Hearts – Saturday, June 22 @ 4:30 pm – St. Thomas, Sherwood Park – Movie and light dinner – FREE – 780 467-5730 or [email protected]
- THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO SEUSS – ST. MARY’S ANGLICAN ANGLICAN – AUGUST 12 TO 16 – AGES 5 TO 13 YEARS. Lots of FUN! A person is a person, no matter how small – COST $20.00 EA. See Synod Scene or Poster and application form on notice board.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – 40TH Anniversary Banquet & Silent Auction – Saturday, September 28th – 5 to 9:30 pm @ King’s University 780 465-8314 for more information – see notice board.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp, July 21–26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche –Cost $385.00 includes camp fees, bus, food and activities. Apply through Diocese. Financial Assistance available, apply by June 10th.
- New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Jonathan for more info.
- SUMMER SOLSTICE – COURTYARD JAZZ PARTY – Friday, June 21 at 6:30 pm – St. Timothy’s Anglican Church Courtyard, Community Event – 8420 – 145 Street. Featuring multi-talented entertainer PAUL A. THORNE. – FREE WILL DONATIONS graciously accepted. See poster on notice board.
- NINJA WARRIOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES & TEAM PARTIES – ages 5 years to Adults – see details on notice board.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- So much has sprouted!
- A small group of leaders continue to apply for grant funding for the mural.
Thanks to all who participated in the Garden Tour last week.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.