Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Fourth Sunday after Pentecost – July 7, 2019
Printable Announcements: July 7, 2019
9:30AM – HOLY EUCHARIST
*Summer schedule* we will move to our summer schedule of one service at 9:30am from July 7th until labor day.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
4th Sunday after Pentecost – July 7
2 Kings 5: 1 – 14
Galatians 6: 1 – 16
Luke 10: 1 – 11, 16-20
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
5th Sunday after Pentecost – July 14
Amos 7: 7 – 17
Colossians 1: 1 – 14
Luke 10: 25 – 37
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Rob, Lorne, Justin, Don Lise, Linda Kizan, Leanne Dunne, Ingrid, Jim, Brent, Kris.
For those in mourning: Family & Friends of Brian Ireland, Family & Friends of Walter.
St.A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group will be taking a summer break. Watch for start up date in September. Thank you.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Taking a summer break. Wishing you a relaxed, healthy and warm summer. Watch for our start-up date in September.
St. A’s Events Coming up
- YOUNG LIFE EAST EDMONTON – FUNDRAISING TO SEND TEENS TO CAMP THIS SUMMER. Do you need help with;
- lawn care
- Your garden – weeding , flower beds etc.
- trimming your tree
- painting the fence
- junk removal and more.
- Contact Stephen Stewart – 780 405-2082 or email – [email protected]
- Young Life is a great organization AT WORK in our community.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. No summer program planned, but if you want to talk, you may find one of us at Blu’s on the first or third Tuesday of the month at 10 am. Have a nice summer, see you in September.
- BELLES & BEAUS – Enjoying a summer break. Watch for start-up date in September.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- NEEDED @ ST. A’S. – Looking for a backup person to help record the sermons and edit the sound files. Training available.
- MONDAY, JULY 8TH – 4:30 TO 5:30 PM at St. Augustine’s CHURCH – MEMORIAL CELEBRATION TO HONOUR THE LIFE & LEGACY OF JEAN VANIER (Sept 10/28 to May 7/19) – L’ARCHE Edmonton invites all who have been touched by Jean Vanier’s life and message, to join us at an ecumenical Memorial Celebration. In Jean’s tradition of celebrating and coming together around a meal, an outdoor picnic will follow. We invite everyone to bring their own picnic. Coffee and colds drinks will be provided.
- “HOT DOGS IN THE LOT” X 2 – JULY 10 & AUGUST 14 – 5PM TO 6:30 PM weather permitting – S’Mores, hot dogs & lemonade – out back of St. Augustines. Bring a lawn chair & roasting stick. (This is just before the regular work party of the Sunshine Garden & they are invited too!)
- **Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES – “It’s in you to give”. As part of the “Partners for Life Program”, members of the Diocese give blood through the Canadian Blood Services program. In 2019 we aim to donate 100 units by December 31st. (Partner ID ANGL696986).
- Main clinic – 8249 – 114 Street – or call 1-888-6283.
- TREASURERS NOTE – IMPORTANT: Please keep your pledge up especially over the summer months. Thank you.
- EFM – EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY – Registration now open. Program gives lay people a basic grounding in the main theological subjects. Course runs September through May – Registration due by July 15. If interested speak to June Miller here at St. A’s. or contact Rev. Robin Walker at 587 523-4297 or email @ [email protected]
- THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO SEUSS – ST. MARY’S ANGLICAN– AUGUST 12 TO 16 – AGES 5 TO 13 YEARS. Lots of FUN! A person is a person, no matter how small – COST $20.00 EA. See Synod Scene or Poster and application form on notice board.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – 40TH Anniversary Banquet & Silent Auction – Saturday, September 28th – 5 to 9:30 pm @ King’s University 780 465-8314 for more information – see notice board.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp – 11 to 16 years, July 21–26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche –Cost $385.00 includes camp fees, bus, food and activities. Apply through Diocese. Financial Assistance available,
- New Immigrant help required Friday nights for conversation in English and help with Canadian cooking. Mostly East African. Our Jean and Charlotte from the Congo are members. Speak to Rev. Jonathan for more info.
- NINJA WARRIOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES & TEAM PARTIES – ages 5 years to Adults – see details on notice board.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- A small group of leaders continue to apply for grant funding for the mural.
- Come out for Wednesday work nights at 6:30 pm. Good time to ask questions and discuss gardening.
through the week at st. a’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theol.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.