Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Trinity Sunday– May 27, 2018
Welcome Bishop Jane
Printable Announcements: May 27, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
LUNCH TO FOLLOW
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Trinity Sunday – May 27
Isaiah 6: 1 – 8
Romans 8: 12 – 17
John 3: 1 – 17
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
2ND Sunday after Pentecost – Jun 3
1 Samuel 3: 1- 20
Psalm 139: 1 – 5, 12 – 17
2 Corinthians 4: 5 – 12
Mark 2: 23 – 3: 6
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Doreen Wilson, Allan, Leah & Baby, Justin, Rob, Connie, For those suffering from floods in Canada.
For those in mourning – People/families of Humboldt Saskatchewan.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8am in the Lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- STRAWBERRY CREEK RETREAT – June 1, 2, 3 – Hand out information available. Please call Pat Jameson 780 469-0704, if you are interested and need more details.
- A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES – Watch for details for June 12th,
- YOGA FOR RECOVERY – 730 pm – 830 pm – JUNE 04 – JULY 23 at St. A’s. See poster on notice board.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Next meeting will be on June 05.
- WELCOME HOME – SUNDAY, MAY 27 WITH BISHOP JANE. Would appreciate help to set up on Saturday, May 26 at 2:00 pm. Sunday Lunch to follow – please sign up to bring a food item. Thank you
- SUNDAY JUNE 10TH – ONLY ONE SERVICE AT 8:00 AM – We will be at Grace United Church for the 10:00 am Service.
- SUMMER SERVICES – Sunday, July 1st through Sept. 02 only ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM – Two services will commence Sunday, Sept 09 @ 8am and 10 am.
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – See new information on notice board re Fall 2018 applications, Summer Camps, Tours etc.
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – INTERFAITH WORKS PROJECTS – NEED VOLUNTEERS – Every day in May – 8:15am to 5pm – even half days if required. Must be at least 16 years – tools & lunch provided. Call 780 451-3416 ext. 237. May 17 – Help still needed.
- BLANKET EXERCISE – MAY 27 AT 2:00 PM @ Grace United Church – Special event following our 10am service and lunch with the Bishop and Grace United Church Parishioners – May need to bring a blanket. See Notice Board.
- LUNCH & LEARN – Fraud Prevention – with Constable Christianson of Edm Police Services. Wednesday, May 30 at Salvation Army – 9115 – 75 Street – Doors open at 11:30 – lunch served at 12:00 noon.
- SUMMER BUS TRIP TO BADLANDS PASSION PLAY – DRUMHELLER SATURDAY, JULY 14 @ 1:45 PM. Bus leaves from Our Savior Lutheran Church, 18345 – 62B Avenue – COST – $65.00/adults, $60,00 for seniors, $50.00/Youth (6-12). For info call Cindy 780 883-2082.
- Edmonton Diocese SOCIAL JUSTICE WORKSHOP SATURDAY, June 2
At 09:00am – PrayerWorksHall (St.Faith’sAnglicanChurch). Workshop is FREE – lunch is $10.00. Register by email at [email protected].
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Sherry Prokopuk our Parish representative on the garden committee.
- Fulton Place Annual Gardener’s Swap & Sale – Saturday, May 26
From 9am to Noon at the Fulton Place Community Hall. See N.B.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST, A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.