Find our Harvest Newsletter – click here!:
eighTEENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – Oct. 08, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable Announcements: Oct 15, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Harvest Thanksgiving – Oct 08
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
19th Sunday after Pentecost – Oct 15
Psalm 106:1-6, 19-23
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Doreen W; Joey; Linda K;
For those in mourning –
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- PLEASE PICK UP AND READ THE “ANNEX BUILDING UPDATE”
Your reply would be appreciated, as soon as possible.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Starting up Sunday, October 01 @ 8:15 am – Everyone welcome.
- THANKSGIVING SUNDAY – OCTOBER 8TH – Please help with your donation of fresh fruit and vegetables to decorate the Church. Everyone is welcome to help decorate – Saturday, Oct 7 @ 10:00 am
St A’s NEWS & EVENTS
- HOMELESS CONNECT EDM – CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED. Clean, gently used/new clothing for Sunday, October 15 at Shaw Conference Centre. You may drop off yourself @ Find 5120 – 122 Street or bring to Church up to Sunday, October 15th. Call June 780 469-0733
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- THE BELLES – Tuesday, October 10 – Asian Express Hot Pot – 10412 – 63 Avenue – make your own soup from variety of broths, meats, veggies etc. – Meet at Church at 11:00 am for car pool – lunch at 11:30am. Notify Phyllis 780 469-6327 if you plan to attend to reserve.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – October 17th @ 10am.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Oct. 11th
1:30 to 3 pm – celebrating Pumpkins – games, activities & carving- bring a favourite pumpkin dessert or snack to share if you are able.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, October 27th at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great social.
- SILENT AUCTION & POT LUCK – SAT. NOVEMBER 4TH @ 6:00 PM IN THE CHURCH – THEME IS MASQUERADE PARTY **NOT A COSTUME PARTY** – Fun making our own masks & Games for the whole FAMILY. Need items for auction – can be new items or services or baking. Call Camille Wiens 780 732-0239 – also need volunteers for set up & clean up kitchen, games, etc. call Joyce 780 641-9896. TICKETS on sale Oct. 8th – Adults $5 pp Children free – buts still need a ticket.
- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE STUDENTS –November 19th – Bake for the Worship Room- 15 to 20 students. Please help with a donation of baking – cookies, squares, sweet breads, pies or cakes, June G. 780 469-0733. Thank you
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) – EVERY Thursday, @ 6:30 pm at St. Augustine’s Church. IF you are interested or need more information – Please Call June M. 780 920-7285.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- *Ward 8 Candidates forum organized by the Greater Hardisty Sustainability Coalition. October 10th, 6:30pm @ Fulton Community League. All Candidates will be present. *
- NEAT GIFT FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS – Are you looking for an unusual gift for your child or grandchild for a special occasion – anglicanfoundation.org – see the Lovely “Hope Bear”. Comes with a loving prayer and dressed in a scarf of their college colours – also great for graduation too!
- ANGER MANAGEMENT – Sept 28 to Oct 26 – 5 Thursdays nights @ Calvary Baptist Church 7215 – 97 Street – Call 780 720-7398 for info
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- THE BISHOP INVITES US TO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING THE EFFECTS OF DROUGHT AND FAMINE.
- CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR THE FOLLOWING NOTICES:
EDMONTON FILM SOCIETY @ Royal Alberta Museum
GEA – City wide Candidates’ Forum – Wed. Oct 11 – 6310 – 118 Ave.
Hope Lutheran Church 7th Afternoon of the Arts – Oct 21 @1:30 pm
THE GANG – Book Launch – Oct 15 – 2 to 4:30 – Powered by Love.
- Garden activities are wrapping up for the year. Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April!
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.