A reminder that we are gathering at Grace United (across the street) tomorrow, Sunday 11, 2017! Thanks Grace for hosting us! We will enjoy their cowboy service and a BBQ to follow. Kid’s activities throughout.
TRINITY SUNDAY – June 11, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Printable: June 11, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Trinity Sunday – June 11
2 Corinthians 13: 11-13
10:00 am @ Grace United
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
2nd Sunday after Pentecost – June 18
Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19
10:00 am Contemplative
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Dan, Ray, Joey, Mark, Gordon Johnson.
In mourning – Family of Janine Stainton.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 11 – **NO 10 AM SERVICE** – We are invited to join Grace United Church @ 10:00 am for worship and BBQ – Its a “cowboy service” – you are invited to dress in “western attire”. Offerings for that day should be dropped off in our office mailbox. Thank you.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- ***IDEAS*** Your Vestry is inviting ideas for mission initiatives that might make use of available REACH FUNDS. See the poster or handbill for more info.
- AUGUSTINE’S – SIMPLE FUNDRAISING FOR CHURCH PROJECTS – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING OPTIONS TO DO SOME SIMPLE FUNDRAISING, please speak to your People’s Warden Joyce.
- TEA FUNDRAISER FOR ST. A’S – SATURDAY, JUNE 24 – 2 to 4 pm. –tickets – Adults $20.00 – Children $10.00. Dress in your Sunday Best. Volunteers are needed on Friday, June 23 and 24 for set up etc. If you can help, please speak to Joyce Taylor.
- BELLES – watch for future events.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR (50 STREET & 106 AVENUE) – Blu’s will be taking a summer break and will resume in September. Please watch for new date.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – next date to be advised.
- Have you heard of the Logos program at Hardisty School? It is a nondenominational Christian program that operates in the public school system. Please contact Hardisty School at 780-469-0426 for more info or to register your child for the 2017/18 school year.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- FAMINE RELIEF MATCHING FUNDS PROGRAM – UNTIL JUNE 30TH The Federal Government will match donations made by Canadians to registered charities working to provide famine assistance in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen and neighbouring regions. (This includes the Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund). Bishop Jane is encouraging all parishes throughout the Diocese to take advantage of this opportunity to make our giving go further during this unprecedented time of suffering.
- ANGLICAN FOUNDATON OF CANADA – 2017 CELEBRATING 60th ANIVERSARY – Details of plans coming soon – Limited Elegant design & tailor made limited edition of 100 “Anniversary Hope Bears” with outfits. $60.00 each – Available in May 2017.
- SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE BISHOP – WATER JUSTICE – The Anglican Diocese of Edmonton presents an opportunity to connect with and learn the issue of Water Justice. All are invited to a webcast of Trinity Institute’s 46th National Theological Conference, “WATER JUSATCE”. Hear from local leaders, renowned activists, scholars, authors and experts of the water justice movement.**POSTPONED! – A NEW DATE WILL BE CHOSEN, POSSIBLY FOR THE FALL OF 2017. PLEASE WATCH FOR DETAILS.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL696986 .
- SYNOD SCENE – JUNE 5 – 11 – Interesting article under “Indiginews Story” and article by singer/songwriter – Alana Levandoski at her attendance at the Alberta Avenue – sacred space on traditional Treaty 6 land, on the first weekend in June. Alana describes how she has already gained a deep awareness of “how befriending the many cultures from one shop or neighbour to the next, requires a Pentecostal attitude. A passionate humility that cannot rely on our own ability to connect and understand, but must move into the larger mind allowing for the Holy Spirit to bring understanding and a sense of peace”.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- 3RD ANNUAL FULTON PLACE GARDEN TOUR – Self-guided tour (rain or shine) of the BEST gardens that the Hardisty neighbourhood has to offer – Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday June 21 from 5 to pm, as part of the annual Fulton Place Garden Tour. Tickets Adults $10 Children free. Contact Sheila 780 468-9210 – See notice board.
- Join the garden crew every Wednesday night 6:30pm-7:30pm for snacks and a work bee. Everyone welcome.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
Connect with St. A’s!
1) Pew welcome card (Place in offering basket)
2) Sign up for blog updates and announcements @ www.staugustinesedmonton.com