ALL SAINTS DAY – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2017
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Prinable: Nov. 05, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION. Nursery and KID’S activities.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
All Saints Day – Nov. 5
Psalm 34:1-10, 22
10:00 am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Twenty-Third Sunday after Pentecost
BAS (391) Nov 12
Joshua 24: 1-3A, 14-25
Psalm 78: 1-7
1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18
Matthew 25: 1-13
10:00 am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Doreen W; Richard.
For those in mourning – family of Jean Sharlain.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCK BACK ONE HOUR SAT.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- PLEASE PICK UP AND READ THE “ANNEX BUILDING UPDATE”
Your reply would be appreciated, as soon as possible.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Everyone welcome.
- 2018 CALENDARS – $5.00 each – Available Now – See Eileen Fairbrother
St A’s NEWS & EVENTS
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- THE BELLES – Tuesday, November 14th. We will be going to Greenland’s to see their exquisite Christmas decorations and special gifts. Please save this date – more details to come regarding carpooling etc. Contact for event is June G. 780 469-0733.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th NEXT MEETING – November 7th @ 10am.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Grace United Church – Nov. 15th – 1:15 pm Car pool – Field Trip to the Aviation Museum Hangar. Explore the planes and experience the Aviation history – $8.50 pp.
- GRACE UNITED FALL BAZAAR – Sat. Nov. 18 – 10am – 2 pm. Crafts, bake sale and “New to You” gifts – Lunch 11 to 1pm – Adults $10. Children $5. (under 12) See notice board.
- SIMPLE SUPPER – Please join us on Friday, November 24th at 5:00 pm. Bring your family and friends for a delicious meal and great socializing.
- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE STUDENTS –November 19th – Bake for the Worship Room- 15 to 20 students. Please help with a donation of baking – cookies, squares, sweet breads, pies or cakes. (June G. 780 469-0733). We are asked to deliver items by Nov. 16th – please bring to Church early – mark Worship Room on it and put in freezer or refrigerator. Thank you.
- Advent Breath: A Quiet Retreat Morning at St. A’s. Nov 22 -9am – 1pm.Need to breathe in and enter Advent with stillness and focus?
Prepare to listen & reflect on theme “Breathe”. See Notice Board.
- L’Arche Edmonton celebrates its 45th Anniversary – Sat. Nov. 25 @ 6:30 pm with fundraising Gala @ St. Thomas d’Aquin Parish 8410 – 89 Street – $75.00pp Great food, live music, dancing, reminiscing & sharing memories. Silent Auction and raffle tickets – call 780 465-0618 ext. 208 for Maria Mastrih. Also see notice board.
- COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS BRUNCH – Saturday, December 9th – 10 am till Noon at Hardisty School – 10534 – 62 Street. The brunch will feed approx. 250 guests. Donations being accepted for Community Christmas Meal; this year will be the Greater Hardisty Area ‘s 4th Annual Community Christmas Meal that is being planned
by 14 Christian Faith Communities in the Greater Hardisty area (Gold Bar, Capilano, Fulton Place, Forest/Terrace Heights, Ottewell), We are looking for financial donations to cover the cost of the brunch. Donations (cash or cheque made out to Hope Lutheran Church) for the December 9th Community Christmas Brunch can be dropped off or mailed to Hope Lutheran Church 104 – 106 Avenue, Edmonton AB T6A 1G2. A Charitable tax receipt will be issued. See notice board and Poster.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – Donation of 67 Units have been made so far. NEED 33 MORE UNITS – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986.
- THE BISHOP INVITES US TO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN BUYE DIOCESE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM THE EFFECTS OF DROUGHT AND FAMINE and ALL VICTIMS OF TERRORIST ATTACKS,
- CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR THE FOLLOWING NOTICES:
Transition/Independent to Assisted Living – Sat. Nov. 25 – 9-12 pm.
Cursillo Weekend – November 10-12 @ Star of the North Centre.
Surviving the Holidays Workshop – Sun. Nov 19, 11:30 – 2:30 pm @
Grace United – light lunch provided. Register at 780 466-0916.
Advent Retreat – December 01 @ 7:00 pm Lead by Bishop Jane.
Little Lost Girl – “I’ll be home for Christmas”. A faith musical play.
Dec. 8,11,13,15 & 16 – See notice Board
Tix on the square or at the door. See notice board.
Garden activities are wrapping up for the year. Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
Connect with us online!
- Facebook: facebook.com/staugustinesedmonton.com
Website: sign up for immediate blog and event updates www.staugustinesedmonton.com on the BLOG page.