- YOUTHFUL SENIOR’S GROUP – WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17 – 1:30 TO 3:00 PM – meet at St. Augustine’s Community garden for a tour followed by tea and goodies at Grace United Church. Contact is Lauretta Howard 780 466-9510 – free event – everyone welcome.
- KINGS’ UNIVERSITY – Summer basketball camps for kids: Boys & Girls ages 6 to 14 – Cost $ 275.00 – August 1 to 5 from 9am – 3 pm – Second camp from August 8 -12 – 9am – 3pm Contact: [email protected] or [email protected]
- HOPE MISSION’S BRIGHTWOOD RANCH FUNDRAISER – CELEBRATING CHILDREN EVERYWHERE – Online charity auction to raise funds to purchase two (2) covered wagons that sleep 8 persons each. You can bid on 80+ items – tax receipts available call 780 200-9935 or 32auctions.com/coveredwagons
- CHURCH IN THE PARK & PARISH PICNIC – This is a head’s up – please mark your calendar – Sunday, September 4, 2016 @ 10:30 am in Gold Bar Park – Picnic site #1 – St. A’s and St. Luke’s combined for Morning Service followed by BBQ – social time – kid’s activities – races and prizes. – Bring your parents, kids & grand-kids – All are welcome. Come and join the fun.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too!
- JULY 23 – Good Shepherd 15495 Castledowns Road from 10am to 3pm – ICE CREAM SOCIAL – ice cream and pie to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- HABITAT for HUMANITY – 5th Annual Interfaith Build – July 07 to August 25, 2016 –HELP STILL NEEDED.
- ASCENSION HOUSE & ST. AIDAN’S HOUSE -currently recruiting new residents for the 2016-17 term. Age group 18 – 25. PLEASE CALL JEN AT 780 439-7344.
- BASE CAMP – TEENS 12 TO 15 ––Star Wars theme camp – August 6 – 12 – Looking for good leaders, counsellors and lifeguards – see notice board.
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ALL THOSE AFFECTED BY THE FORT McMURRAY AND AREA FIRES. PRAY AND CONTINUE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY ARE LOVED AND SUPPORTED.
- SUPERHEROES – VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL @ GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH – Monday Aug 15 to Friday Aug 19 – Children age 6 and older Cost $30.00 per child – Registrations forms available 780 456-4643.
- SUMMER CRITICAL TIME TO GIVE BLOOD – Diocese of Edmonton has pledged to give 100 units of blood in 2016 – as of July 03 – ONLY 14 units has been given by members of the Diocese – for your donation to count towards our goal, register online at www.blood.ca/joinpartnersforlife and enter Partner ID code ANGL696986 or call 1 888-236-6283 to book or to speak to a nurse if you have eligibility questions. No update as of July 15th.
- DIOCESE ANNOUNCEMENT – BUYE DIOCESE MATERNITY HOSPITAL – nearing completion – increase from three to six (6) rooms to open as early as august 2016 – see synod scene for more information.
THROUGH TO WEEK AT. A’s:
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
Education for Ministry (EFM) – 4-year theology course. Talk to June Miller – 780 447-2593 for more info.
Geo Bar – See Justina at work in our kitchen and at local markets.
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren as a result of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
The McElhatton School of Irish Dance – Monday and Wednesday nights
MEN’S COUNCIL – Thursday nights at 7pm led by Ian Portious.