TWELFTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST – aug. 27, 2017
This Sunday only – Church Service & picnic @ Goldbar park site #1 @ 10:30 am. Details below.
Printable announcements- Aug. 27, 2017
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF WORSHIP WHICH CHANGES WITH THE CHURCH SEASONS AND ALWAYS INCLUDES HOLY COMMUNION AND KID’S TIME.
*****SUNDAYS IN SUMMER – ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM*****
**Return to Regular Service Times on September 10, 2017**
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
12TH Sunday after Pentecost – Aug. 27
Romans 12: 1-8
9:30 am Contemplative
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
13TH Sunday after Pentecost – Sept. 3
Romans 12: 9-21
Psalm 105:1-6, 23-26, 45B
9:30 am Contemplative
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Justin, Dan, Kyle, Devin. Marcel C, Bill & Michael Miller, Neil, Danie, Marie Fairbrother, Norma Elliot.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- CHURCH IN THE PARK & PARISH PICNIC – SUNDAY, AUGUST 27 @ 10:30 AM – GOLD BAR PARK SITE #1 – Morning Service followed by BBQ, social time, kid’s activities, races and prizes. Everyone welcome. (RAIN out – will be at St. Augustine’s Church)
- RIDES – SEVERAL PEOPLE WILL BE AT THE CHURCH BETWEEN 10 & 10:15 AND WILL REQUIRE A RIDE. PLEASE LET JUNE G 780 469-0733 KNOW IF YOU CAN PICK ANYONE UP.
- Please Note – Starting September 10th we will have regular service times at 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8:15am. Taking a summer break. Will start up again in September. Watch for date.
- BELLES – MEETING Tuesday, Sept 12 @ 2:00 pm at Blu’s to prepare a schedule for the year – Everyone welcome – Join us for ice cream.
- CALENDARS – The new (& IMPROVED) calendars will be available soon. As we did not sell all that we ordered last year, we request your help by ordering in advance, contact Eileen F. 780 469-2107.
- “All Saints” a hollywood movie about a dying Episcopal (Anglican) church revitalized through farming! Go check it out. Opening in local theaters on August 25th.
- FUNRAISING IDEAS – YOUR IDEAS ARE WELCOME – SPEAK TO JOYCE, PEOPLE’S WARDEN
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR, the BELLES, and SIMPLE SUPPER – Please watch for new dates.
- SENIOR YOUTHFUL GROUP – Sept. 20th @ 1:30 to 3:00 pm – Grace United Church – Holy Sheep Adventure. – Shepherds who oversee Fort Sask. Flock of Sheep to keep the grass trim in City parks.
- Have you heard of the Logos program at Hardisty School? It is a nondenominational Christian program that operates in the public-school system. Please contact Hardisty School at 780-469-0426 for more info or to register your child for the 2017/18 school year.
- PEROGY DINNER – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16 – 5 TO 6:30 PM –11723 – 93 Street (Prayer works Hall) – St. Stephen The Martyr ACW HOSTING DINNER IN Honour of St. Ninian Celtic Missionary – A vegan alternative available – Adults $10.00 Children under 6 free.
- FULTON PLACE GARDEN SWAP & SALE – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9.
Fulton Place Community Hall from 9am – noon – See notice board.
- MOVIE RELEASE – “ALL SAINTS” – WILL BE RELEASED IN CANADIAN THEATRES – AUGUST 25TH. Incredible true story of a persevering pastor and a congregation unlike any you’ve seen before. The Pastor’s first assignment is at a quaint country church that he is supposed to shut down and sell. Instead, God has other plans!
- ANGER MANAGEMENT – Sept 28 to Oct 26 – 5 Thursdays nights @ Calvary Baptist Church 7215 – 97 Street – Call 780 720-7398 for info
- DOWN SIZING? – ST. Patrick’s Trunk & Table Sale – Saturday, Sept 23 from 10am to 3pm – $20 per table in hall or parking stall – they do the advertising for you – call 780 463-5452 or [email protected]
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican Diocese Announcements
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- 65th SYNOD – SEPTEMBER 29 & 30, 2017 @ ALL SAINTS CATHEDRAL – our representatives are Joyce Taylor & June Miller.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE – The DIOCESE OF EDMONTON CAMPAIGN 2017 – a new goal of 100 units – call 1 888 236-6283 for an appointment – Please give Partner ID: ANGL 696986 .
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY (EFM) –Newman College offering Anglican studies Online Program. The Certificate of Theology in Anglican Studies (C. Th. AS) is a 10-course undergraduate program in theology offered through Newman Theological College. designed to form part of a ministry formation program in preparation for various lay & ordained ministers in the Diocese of Edm. See Notice Bd.
- BUYE DIOCESE – The Bishop requested we continue to pray for our brothers and sisters, suffering the effects of drought and famine.
Clayton Ernst is our parish representative on the garden committee.
- Year-end Garden Harvest Potluck planned for September 21. All welcome!
- Join the garden crew every Wednesday night (ALL SUMMER) – 6:30pm-7:30pm for snacks and a work bee. Everyone welcome.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
Gentle Hatha Yoga – Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am. ($16 each for 18 classes)
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
Connect with us online! Website: Sign up for immediate blog and event updates and announcement www.staugustinesedmonton.com