Easter Sunday! Join us 8am and 10am
Continuing in Reconciliation
Next Week, April 28th
Reconciliation Messy Church led by Rev. Nick Trussell
Messy Church is a way of engaging a topic of faith intergenerationally through play, storytelling, and celebration.
Sometimes something is most impactful when it is said simply enough that a child can understand.
**Bring a potluck dish for lunch after the 10am service
We will begin the messy church soon around 12:15pm. People of all ages are welcome. It is not just for kids!
We are pleased to welcome elder Elsie Paul to share with us a series of teachings.
Elsie will introduce herself today.
Please plan to join us on May 11th between 10 and 3pm at st. Augustine’s. $5 lunch provided.
Announcements for the Resurrection of the Lord – April 21, 2019
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION /w kid’s activities
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Resurrection of the Lord, April 21st
Acts 10: 34-43
Psalm 118: 1-2, 14-24
1 Corinthians 15: 19-26
Luke 24: 1-12
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Second Sunday of Easter, April 28
Acts 5: 27-32
Revelation 1: 4-8
John 20: 19-31
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Linda, Edna, Amy & Oliver, Mike, Irene Axani, Brian, Gem, Justin, Nancy Tinkler
For those in mourning: Family & Friends of Evelyn Smith: Family & Friends of The Rev. Tom Rayment; Lydia in the loss of Joey; Family & Friends of Helen Price; Family & Friends of Rev. Gloria Kostyk
St. A’s Events This Week
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday to Friday, 08:45 am in the Chapel. Drop in at any time.
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
- Tuesday – Holy Communion
- Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
- SIMPLE SUPPER Friday, April 26. Doors open 5pm, supper @ 5:30.
St. A’s Events Coming up
- “Continuing in Reconciliation” An Easter season program: Messy Church, April 28th after a potluck lunch; Grandmother Teachings May 11th 10-3pm; May 19th field trip to St. Faith’s; June 8 public round dance.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- ENNEAGRAM – If you missed the Enneagram day last fall – there is another session happening on May 04 at St. Michaels and All Angel’s Parish, Edmonton – Time to be advised. RSVP to Rev. Crane.
- FLOWERS FOR EASTER – Donations received in memory of loved ones, family and friends at St. Augustines from:
- Campbell, E. Fairbrother, M. Green, J. Greig, L. Howard, J&S New, E. Perlau, J. Oakes, D. Wiens.
- FABRIC FRENZY – THE GANG – Saturday, May 04 @ Hardisty School
9:00am to 3:30pm – Admission $2.00 – To donate 780 469-6327.
- PARISH SILENT RETREAT at Strawberry Creek– Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2 If you are interested and need more information speak to Pat Jameson.
- ANGLICAN STUDENT MINISTRY FUNDRAISER – MAY 16 – 6-9 pm U0fA Faculty Club Tickets $125.00 pp – See Notice Board.
- **Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
ANGLICAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- HABITAT FOR HUMANIY INTERFAITH WORKS PROJECT – MARCH 5 TO JUNE 5. – NEED 600 WORKERS, DONATIONS, OR HELP BY PROVIDING LUNCH FOR WORKERS – See Synod Scene /Notice Board.
- WANT TO SEE YOUR PRIEST IN A HARD-HAT?
MAY 1 – WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCOMPANY REV. CRANE TO THE FAITH LEADERS BUILD DAY WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY? – HOURS ARE 8:30 AM TO 4:00 PM OR ANY PORTION OF THESE HOURS. If you are interested, please speak to Rev. Crane.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – SPRNG CONVOCATION SPEAKER – Sat, May 4th at 200 pm – Dr, Steven R. Timmermans, Director of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) – visit kingu.ca/alumni-supporters/event/graduation for more details. Questions call Registration/Student Finance office 780 465-8330.
- SUNDAY, MAY 05 – CAPILANO COMMUNITY SENIOR’S SPRING TEA – Capilano Community Hall – 10810 – 54 Street **FREE LUNCH** – R.S.V.P BY MAY 1 – JEAN 780-863-0924 OR Heather 780 818-1456.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp, July 21 – 26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche – More details to come.
- LENTEN NOON HOUR CONCERT SERIES – Holy Trinity Church – 10037 – 84 Avenue – 12:10 TO 1:00 PM. Feel free to bring your lunch and eat during the concert. All concerts are FREE with donations accepted to support the artists and organ restoration.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- The garden is being ‘woken up’ for spring and people are beginning to plant. Soon Wednesday night coffee and work sessions will begin.
- A small group of leaders continue to apply for grant funding for the mural
THOUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.
== More information, sermons, and media online. Please connect with us to stay informed! ==
|St. Augustine of Canterbury Church
In the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton
The Reverend Jonathan Crane, Rector
Megan Crane, Music Director
Office: 780-466-5532, Basement/Fax: 780-468-2771
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Address: www.staugustinesedmonton.com
Thank you for celebrating this Great Day at St. Augustine’s!