Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
19th Sunday after Pentecost– September 30, 2018
Printable Announcements: September 30, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
19th Sunday after Pentecost Sept 30
Esther 7: 1-6, 9-10; 9:20-22
James 5: 13- 20
Mark 9: 38-50
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Joel 2: 21-27
1 Timothy 2: 1- 7
Matthew 6: 25-33
Please remember in your prayers this week:
The sick or/in hospital – Edna, Linda, Don, Justin, Jody, Lydia, Barrie, Alan, John, Jim, Connie, Alan, Doreen, Mary, Lane Melonchuk.
For those in mourning: Delores Yuzda & family in the loss of Ed Yuzda.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- ENCOUNTERS -Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- Morning Prayers – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S -will begin on Tuesday, October 02 @ 10 AM. Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month.
- Orange Shirt Day, September 30th. This Sunday we remember the stories of Residential School Survivors. We remember the way they were stripped of their identity, and even one girl stripped of the orange shirt given by her grandma. Please wear orange if you can.
- Blessing of Animals. September 30th, 3pm. Bring your furry friends for a simple service of thanksgiving for the presence and place of animals with us. We remember St. Francis who spoke of God’s presence in the natural world. Across the street at the park if weather allows, inside if not.
- DECORATE CHURCH FOR THANKSGIVING – donations of garden vegetables/fruits – Friday October 5th at 2:00 – 3:00 pm help needed by as many as possible, please.
- Cookbook? After service last week, an idea came up about a St. A’s cookbook. If you have any ideas for this, there is a sheet on the bulletin board downstairs.
- CANADIAN CHURCH CALENDARS FOR 2019 ARE NOW AVAILABLE Cost is $5.00 each. Please see Eileen Fairbrother for your copy.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- Bishop Jane visiting St. A’s! (Oct 7) She will lead service with us and we will host a luncheon following.
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- BELLES AND BEAUS: will meet Tuesday, October 9th at 11:15 am for lunch at the BICYCLETTE CAFÉ, 8627 – 91 STREET (Bonnie Doon area). Meet at the Church at 11:00 am to car pool. Betty Sparling is the contact person for this event and will announce special parking instructions. Everyone welcome.
- BOOK CLUB -meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP @ Grace United Church – Tuesday commencing September 11 to December 4 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the Sunshine Room Basement. 780-466-0916. No charge. Everyone welcome but must register.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283. Donations as of September 27th we are at 38 – Long way to go. Please call and donate.
- KING’S UNIVERSITY –new information on notice board for 2018
- STUDENT MINISTRY – DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE ATTENDING THE U OF A THIS FALL WHO WOULD APPRECIATE CONTACT WITH OUR ANGLICAN STUDENT MINISTRY? PLEASE PASS THEIR NAMES AND CONTACT NUMBER TO REV. CRANE.
- ORANGE SHIRT DAY – Sunday, September 30th – We are invited to Come Together on Orange Shirt Day to remember, honour and pray for the healing journey of residential school survivors and their families and to commit to the ongoing process of reconciliation. If you can – please wear an orange shirt.
- Check out the garden of lights at night.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish rep.
Through the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.