Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
22st Sunday after Pentecost – October 21, 2018
Printable Announcements: October 21, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
22st Sunday after Pentecost, Oct 21
Job 38: 1-7
Psalm 104: 1-9, 24, 35c
Hebrews 5: 1-10
Mark 10: 35-45
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Oct 28
Job 42: 1-6, 10-17
Psalm 34: 1-8, 19-24
Hebrews 7: 23-28
Mark 10: 46-52
Please remember in your prayers this week:
The sick or/in hospital – Edna, Linda, Jody. Baby Tim, Christine, John, Kay Leen, Lydia, Joey, Linda.
For those in mourning: Family of Rose; Family of Marie Humen; Delores Yuzda & family in the loss of Ed Yuzda; Family of Ottmar Hoch; Family of Connie McClung.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- ENCOUNTERS -Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- Morning Prayers – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- Cookbook: If you have any ideas for this, there is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board downstairs.
- CANADIAN CHURCH CALENDARS FOR 2019 ARE NOW SOLD OUT.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting November 6th at 10:00 am.
- BELLES AND BEAUS: Tuesday, November 13 – 11:30 am Lunch at Greenland’s, Sherwood Park. Meet at the church at 11:00am if you need a ride or wish to follow someone. Contact is June Kohar.
- BOOK CLUB -meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- THE GANG – Saturday, October 20 – 10 am – 3 pm – SHAKERS & MAKERS MARKET, SouthMinister-Steinhauer United Church, 10740 – 19 Avenue. Beautiful hand made gifts, crafts, bags, baking, preserves and more. ONE OF A KIND – DON’T MISS IT!
- SAVE THE DATES FOR EVENTS AT ST. A’S:
- Oct 27 – Spirituality of Aging
- Nov 3 – I.D. Enneagram Follow-up.
- reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – ONLY 10 WEEKS TO GO! Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283. Donations as of October 18th are at 50 – We still have a long way to go. Please call and donate.
- HOLY TRINITY RUMMAGE SALE – Friday Oct 26 – 6 to 9 pm Saturday, Oct 27 – 9:30 to 2PM. Furniture, clothing, books, music, toys, sports, hardware and more – REFRESHMENTS – GREAT BARGINS – Admission FREE!
- CANDY FEST – SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28 @ 4:00 PM GOOD SHEPHERD – 15495 Castledowns Road. Fun for the whole family – Spooky stories and games & PRIZES, Spooky Indoor Fun – AND GUESS WHAT? DINNER TO FOLLOW – IT’S ALL FREE. Everyone welcome
- MANNA MARKET GRAND OPENING – WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31 @ 2:00 PM – ALL Saints’ Cathedral’s – join us for some good old-fashioned Halloween Fun. The market offers fresh fruit and vegetables at 1/3 to ½ the cost of retail prices. See you there for a great time. Cash only – please bring your own bag.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP @ Grace United Church – Tuesdays commencing September 11 to December 4 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the Sunshine Room Basement. 780-466-0916. No charge. Everyone welcome but must register.
- Check out the garden of lights at night.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish rep.
Through the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.