DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME – SATURDAY, MARCH 10 TURN YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD ONE HOUR BEFORE GOING TO BED.
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES.
this will also be a healing service.
Printable Copy of Announcements: March 11, 2018
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
4th Sunday in Lent – March 11
Numbers 21: 4 – 9
Psalm 107: 1 – 3, 17 – 22
Ephesians 2: 1 – 10
John 3: 14 – 21
10:00am – BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
5th Sunday in Lent – March 18
Jeremiah 31: 31 – 34
Psalm 119: 9 – 16
Hebrews 5: 5 – 10
John 12: 20 – 33
10:00am – BAS
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Lydia, Joey, Justin, Connie.
For those in mourning – Rev. Wendy Ainsworth and family of Dan Ainsworth.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel Tuesday – Holy CommunionYou are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
- 2017 CHARITABLE RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN MAILED OUT – If you have not received yours, please call the office at 780 466-5532.
- NEW PARISH LIST – Church Leaders, please check your mail box for a copy of the new Parish list.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8am in the Lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Avenue. Next meeting will be on March 20th.
- EASTER FLOWERS – If you would like to donate to flowers for Easter to Honour or in Loving Memory of someone special in your life, please contact June G @ 780 469-0733.
- STRAWBERRY CREEK RETREAT – Hand out information available. Please call Pat Jameson 780 469-0704, if you are interested and need more details.
- St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES – Mark your calendar for a luncheon on Tuesday, April 17 – More details to come.
- THE CHALLENGE OF JESUS – A six-week DVD based interest Group for Lent/Easter 2018. Starts Tuesday, February 27 – 7 to 9 pm. To register email Val McCormack – [email protected] or sign-up on list in Foyer, or just turn up!
- WATCH FOR NEW MOVIE “I CAN ONLY IMAGINE” Coming to theatres March 16 – See notice board.
- FULTON PLACE COMMUNITY LEAGUE – Canadian Red Cross Babysitting & First Aid Course – Sunday March 11th from 9 am to 5 pm. In the Community Hall – Cost $75.00 (includes gst) Child must be 11 years old by March 31st. To register contact Ruth at [email protected] See Notice Board.
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
- There is now a Designated Refugee Sponsorship Fund for those wishing to support the refugee sponsorship initiative through Hope Lutheran Church (Remember Vicky Archer who spoke to us about this?) Any person wishing to donate to this fund should forward their money to Hope Lutheran Church, in an envelope with their full name, mailing address and phone number and be clearly marked for the “Sponsorship Fund.” A record of donors will be maintained in the chance that the proposed sponsorship does not go ahead.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – 2018 – NEW 25 CONTINUING EDUCATON COURSES – something for everyone. See new information for March 2018 on notice board.
- EDUCATIONAL CHAPLAINCY DINNER – APRIL 6 AT St. Matthias Church, 6210 – 188 Street, (new location). This is an important fundraiser for the dioceses’ Anglican Student Ministries. Speakers Andrew Muztagh and Adam Lee – Tickets available on Eventbrite. See Synod Scene on notice b.
- COLLECTIVE KITCHEN – Salvation Army Edmonton Temple. Weekly classes – ‘Wednesdays, 5:30 to 8:00 pm – 9115 – 75 Street starting – February 21st – 780 469-6846 to register – Cost is $3.00 person or $6. For a family – Child care available. See N.B.
- LENTEN NOON-HOUR CONCERT SERIES – Holy Trinity Anglican Church – Wednesday March 07 & 14th – see Synod Scene.
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights and decorations! Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
- Clayton Ernst our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST, A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.