Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
5th Sunday after Pentecost– June 24, 2018
Printable Announcements: June 24, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
5th Sunday after Pentecost June 17
1 Samuel 17:1a, 4-11, 19-23, 32-49
2 Corinthians 6:1-13
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
6th Sunday after Pentecost- July 1
2 Samuel 1:1, 17-27
2 Corinthians 8:7-15
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Jody, Edna, Linda, Doreen Wilson, Justin, Don, Carole, Jim deLancy, Linda Dickson.
For those in mourning – Family & friends of Clarence Prietz.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- SUMMER SERVICES – Sunday, July 1st through Sept. 02 only ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM – Two services will commence again Sunday, Sept 09.
- St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES, MORNING PRAYERS, and ENCOUNTERS –have started their summer vacation. Please watch for their start-up dates in the fall.
- L’ARCHE COMMUNITY EDMONTON – “Backyard Party” Friday, June 22 @ 5:00 pm @ Fulton Place School Field (10310 – 56 Street). Adults $12 – Children 8 and under $6. Admission includes one hot dog or hamburger, bag of chips and a drink. Bouncy Castle Live music, face painting, games and more. Contact Mwando for tickets @ 780 465-0618 ext. 203 or [email protected] – see Notice Board.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Avenue. This group is taking a summer break. Please watch for a start-up date in September.
- Tour of University of Alberta Botanic Gardens – Weds. July 18 – travel by bus from Grace United Church – More details to come.
- CHURCH IN THE PARK – PICNIC – St. A’s and St. Luke’s and maybe more – SUNDAY, AUGUST 26th at 10:00 am at Gold Bar Park, Site #1 – Short service and then the fun begins – lots to eat, games, balloons etc. for the whole family. Please mark your calendar – we will remind you again later.
- Save the date: September 22nd, 2018, 10am-3pm for the beginning of a process with the Ven. Richard King – our Archdeacon for mission in the Diocese. He will bring a set of teaching that has proved very effective in the diocese of helping individuals and parishes understand how God has equipped them particularly for their ministry.
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – See new information on notice board re Fall 2018 applications, Summer Camps, Tours etc.
- SUMMER BUS TRIP TO BADLANDS PASSION PLAY – DRUMHELLER SATURDAY, JULY 14 @ 1:45 PM. Bus leaves from Our Savior Lutheran Church, 18345 – 62B Avenue – COST – $65.00/adults, $60,00 for seniors, $50.00/Youth (6-12). For info call Cindy 780 883-2082.
- Edmonton’s Indigenous Peoples Festival 2018 – Thursday, June 21st from 11:00 am until 9:00 pm in Victoria Park in Edmonton’s River Valley. First Nation, Metis and Inuit peoples and cultures will be celebrated through interactive experiences, culture demonstrations, artisans, cuisine and live concerts. There will also be events in other areas in the City. See poster on NB.
- Check the Synod Scene for more events during the summer months. There are several camps for children – both day and week camps sponsored by different groups for all ages.
- GARDEN UPDATES
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Sherry Prokopuk our Parish representative on the garden committee.
- Fulton Place Garden Tour – Tuesday, June 19 & Wednesday, June 20 – 5:00 to 8:00 pm. Self Guided: Walk, bike or drive. Tickets are $10.00 pp – kids are FREE.For more info – Sheila 780 468-9218 or [email protected].
- NEW: $25.00 VIP tour – Thur. June 14 (limited tickets) – Contact
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’S
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.