Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
10th Sunday after Pentecost– July 29, 2018
Printable Announcements: July 29, 2018
Sundays – Summer Hours
09:30 AM – ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
Summer service – July 01 through September 02 INCLUSIVE
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
10th Sunday after Pentecost July 29
2 Samuel 11: 1-15
Ephesians 3: 14-21
John 6: 1-21
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
11th Sunday after Pentecost Aug 5
2 Samuel 11: 26-12:13a
Ephesians 4: 1-16
John 6: 24-35
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Jody, Jim, Vera Morris, Fatima Nunes, Barrie, Justin, Don, Jim, Joey.
For those in morning: Donna Buchanan, family & friends in the loss of Bill.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- SUMMER SERVICES – Sunday, July 1st through Sept. 02 only ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM – Two services commence again Sept. 09.
- THE FOLLOWING GROUPS WILL MEET AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER:-Encounters – 8:00 am Sunday mornings – study group-Tuesdays at Blu’s – open discussion group
- -The Bells – luncheon social
- -Morning Prayers – 8:45 am Mon to Friday.
- St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- YOUTH PAINT NIGHT – AGES 11+ – Friday, July 27 – 5 to 9 pm at Holy Trinity Edmonton – Pizza, Pop & Paint – Cost $25. per person – RSVP by July 20 to Danielle 780 433-5530 x 102 or [email protected]
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 17 – 7 to 10 PM @St. Timothy’s Anglican Church, 8420 – 145 Street – ICE CREAM SOCIAL – Bring a lawn chair – it’s FREE – Ice cream and toppings provided – EVERYONE INVITED.
- CHURCH IN THE PARK – PICNIC – St. A’s and St. Luke’s and maybe more – SUNDAY, AUGUST 26th at 10:00 am at Gold Bar Park, Site #1 – Short service and then the fun begins – lots to eat, games, balloons etc. for the whole family. Please mark your calendar – we will remind you again later.
- Save the date: Saturday, September 22nd, 2018, 10am-3pm “An All Parish Event” where we will welcome the Ven. Richard King (St. Luke’s) – our Archdeacon for mission in the Diocese, who will introduce us to the Diocesan “ID” process. It has proved very successful in helping people understand how God uses us as individuals in every-Christian ministry.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
LOST & FOUND AT GRACE UNITED – JUNE 10TH. – a CALL FROM GRACE UNITED CHURCH TO ADVISE THAT THEY HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS THAT MAY BELONG TO SOMEONE AT ST. AUGUSTINE’S.
- Child’s rubber boots with flower design
- ADULT JACKET dark grey with olive green trim – brand “arcterx” xxl. We are advised that whoever left this jacket took a smilar one belonging to a grace parishioner – call June g. 780 469-0733.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – See new information on notice board for August 2018 events – applications, Summer Camps, Tours etc.
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT SUMMER CAMP – Good Shepherd Anglican Church 15495 Castledowns Road – Ages 6 to 14 and Leaders in Training ages 14 to 18. AUGUST 20 – 24 – 9AM to 3pm (overnight on Thursday). Cost $100.00 pp.
- SEE POSTER ON NB.
- T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST – PWRDF Youth Council T-Shirt Contest Winning design will be printed and new T-shirts produced by the PWRDF Youth Council and unveiled in front of hundreds of youth at the 2018 Canadian Lutheran and Anglican Youth (CLAY) gathering in Thunder Bay, Ontario in August – see NB for rules & entry form.
- Check the Synod Scene for more events during the summer months. There are several camps for children – both day and week camps sponsored by different groups for all ages.GARDEN UPDATES
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish representative on the garden
through the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.