Sundays – Summer Hours
09:30 AM – ANGLICAN EUCHARIST –PP guest Pianist Michael Nunes. Michael & Timothy will share a duet durng communion.
Summer service – July 01 through September 02 INCLUSIVE
Printable Announcements: August 19, 2018
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
13th Sunday after Pentecost Aug 19
1 Kings 2: 10-12; 3: 3-14
Ephesians 5: 15-20
John 6: 51-58
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
14th Sunday after Pentecost Aug 26
1 Kings 8: 22-30, 41-43
Ephesians 6: 10-20
John 6: 56-69
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Jody, Jim, Barrie, Justin, Don, Jim, Joey, Alan Rennie, Linda Dickson.
For those in morning: Donna Buchanan, family & friends in the loss of Bill.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- SUMMER SERVICES – Sunday, July 1st through Sept. 02 only ONE SERVICE AT 09:30 AM – Two services commence again Sept. 09.
- THE FOLLOWING GROUPS WILL MEET AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER:
-Morning Prayers – 8:45 am Mon to Friday.
-Encounters – 8:00 am Sunday mornings – study group
-The Bells – luncheon social-Tuesdays at Blu’s – open discussion group.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- AUGUST 19 – The Nunes twins – Michael & Timothy are leaving Edmonton and our Church Community for University. They have been with us since their early childhood, sharing their musical talents on many occasions. Please join us for coffee following the 9:30 am service as we show them our appreciation of their time and talents.
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- ALMOST HERE *****CHURCH IN THE PARK – PICNIC***** – St. A’s and St. Luke’s and maybe more – SUNDAY, AUGUST 26th at 10:00 am at Gold Bar Park, Site #1 – Short service and then the fun begins – lots to eat/drink, games, balloons etc. for the whole family. Please mark your calendar – Everyone welcome.
- Save the date: Saturday, September 22nd, 2018, 10am-3pm “An All Parish Event” where we will welcome the Ven. Richard King (St. Luke’s) – our Archdeacon for mission in the Diocese, who will introduce us to the Diocesan “ID” process. It has proved very successful in helping people understand how God uses us as individuals in every-Christian ministry.
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
LOST & FOUND AT GRACE UNITED – JUNE 10TH. – A CALL FROM GRACE UNITED CHURCH TO ADVISE THAT THEY HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS THAT MAY BELONG TO SOMEONE AT ST. AUGUSTINE’S.
- Child’s rubber boots with flower design
- ADULT JACKET dark grey with olive green trim – brand “arcterx” xxl. We are advised that whoever left this jacket took a smilar one belonging to a grace parishioner – call June g. 780 469-0733.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283. Donations as of August 9th are at 38 – Long way to go. Please call and donate.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – See new information on notice board for August 2018 events – applications, Summer Camps, Tours etc.
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT SUMMER CAMP – Good Shepherd Anglican Church 15495 Castledowns Road – Ages 6 to 14 and Leaders in Training ages 14 to 18. AUGUST 20 – 24 – 9AM to 3pm (overnight on Thursday). Cost $100.00 pp.
SEE POSTER ON NB.
- FRINGE FESTIVAL THEATRE @ HOLY TRINITY in Old Strathcona – All details and schedule for August 16 to 26 on HTAC website.
- HOLY TRINITY – Friday Evenings 7:30 to 10:30 pm – Night of music and spoken word – Sep 7, Oct 5, Nov 2, Dec 7, thru to June 7/19.
- Check the Synod Scene for more events during the summer months. There are several camps for children – both day and week camps sponsored by different groups for all ages.
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish representative on the garden cttee.
- Fulton Place Annual Gardener’s Swap & Sale – Saturday, Sept 08 – 9am to Noon @ Fulton Place Community Hall. Seedlngs, perennials, house plants, garden supplies & lots more available. You are welcome to bring items to trade. For more info call Doreen 780 469-9289. See notice board.
through the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.