Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Fifth Sunday of Easter – April 29, 2018
Printable Copy: April 29, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fifth Sunday of Easter – April 29
Acts 8: 26 – 40
Psalm 22: 25 – 31
1 John 4: 7 – 21
John 15: 1 – 8
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Sixth Sunday of Easter – May 6
Acts 10: 44 – 48
1 John 5: 1 – 6
John 15: 9 – 17
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Doreen Wilson, Shauna, Allan, Mrytle deMeulles (pron. deMel), Connie, Justin, Don, Salma, Rhonda, Harry & Hertha Klann, Lane Metichuk, Lydia, Jim, Michael, Leanne.
For those in mourning – People/families of Humboldt Saskatchewan, Family of Betty Wade, Family of Jim Munsey, Family of Ruth Brayford.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8am in the Lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- STRAWBERRY CREEK RETREAT – Hand out information available. Please call Pat Jameson 780 469-0704, if you are interested and need more details.
- A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- CLEAN UP SUNDAY – MAY 06 FOLLOWING THE 10 AM SERVICE. Please help us with this annual event. Dress accordingly and bring a bag lunch and maybe a bit extra to share. A list of areas that need attention will be in the Narthex – Please sign up to help.
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES – Tuesday, May 15 – lunch at Highland’s Golf Course at 11:30 am. Cost $22.00. Sign up sheet in Narthex. Please indicate number attending and if you need a ride.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Next meeting will be on May 1st.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Garage Sale – May 4 & 5 – see N.B.
- AUGUSTINE’S – SATURDAY, MAY 12 – WORKSHOP – This is a Church learning workshop. Details to follow.
- Glenrose Hospital needs hard cover and paperback books, along with magazines such as National Geographic and periodicals for patients to read. If you have any to donate, please call June G. 780 469-0733. See details on notice board. Thank you
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
- There is now a Designated Refugee Sponsorship Fund for those wishing to support the refugee sponsorship initiative through Hope Lutheran Church (Remember Vicky Archer who spoke to us about this?) Any person wishing to donate to this fund should forward their money to Hope Lutheran Church, in an envelope with their full name, mailing address and phone number and be clearly marked for the “Sponsorship Fund.” A record of donors will be maintained in the chance that the proposed sponsorship does not go ahead.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by December 31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – 2018 – NEW 25 CONTINUING EDUCATON COURSES – check notice board for more details.
- UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA – The Augustana Choir Tuesday, May 1 @ 7:30 pm at Southminster-Steinhauer United Church, 10740 – 19 Avenue. Special guests – Edmonton Youth Choir. Admission by donation.
- CAPILANO PLAYSHCOOL – New Trial Class for 3-4-year olds – Saturday, May 12 @ 9:45am to 10:15 am and Open House to follow from 10:15 to 11:30am. See poster on notice board
- TERRA CENTRE FOR TEEN PARENTS – June 5 @ Westin Hotel @ 07:30 am – Contact 780 438-3772 for information.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – APRIL 28 @ 7:00 PM. The Columbian Youth Choirs followed by refreshments with performers. FREE WILL DONATION AT THE DOOR.
- Edmonton Diocese SOCIAL JUSTICE WORKSHOP SATURDAY, June 2
At 09:00am – PrayerWorksHall (St.Faith’sAnglicanChurch). Workshop is FREE – lunch is $10.00. Register by email at [email protected]
. GARDEN UPDATES
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Sherry Prokopuk our Parish representative on the garden committee.
- Fulton Place Annual Gardener’s Swap & Sale – Saturday, May 26
From 9am to Noon at the Fulton Place Community Hall. See N.B.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST, A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.