Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Fourth Sunday of Easter – April 22, 2018
Printable Announcements: April 22, 2018
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fourth Sunday of Easter – April 22
Acts 4: 5 – 12
1 John 3: 16 – 24
John 10: 11 – 18
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Fifth Sunday of Easter – April 29
Acts 8: 26 – 40
Psalm 22: 25 – 31
1 John 4: 7 – 21
John 15: 1 – 8
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Doreen Wilson, Shauna, Allan, Mrytle deMeulles (pron. deMel), Connie, Justin, Don, Salma, Rhonda, Harry & Hertha Klann, Lane Metichuk, Lydia.
For those in mourning – Family of Betty Wade, Family of Jim Munsey, Family of Ruth Brayford.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel Tuesday – Holy CommunionYou are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8am in the Lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- STRAWBERRY CREEK RETREAT – Hand out information available. Please call Pat Jameson 780 469-0704, if you are interested and need more details.
- St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES – Watch for details of May meetimg.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Avenue. Next meeting will be on May 1st.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Garage Sale – May 4 & 5 – see N.B.
- ST. AUGUSTINE’S – SATURDAY, MAY 12 – WORKSHOP – This is a Church learning workshop. Details to follow.
- Glenrose Hospital needs hard cover and paperback books, along with magazines such as National Geographic and periodicals for patients to read. If you have any to donate, please call June G. 780 469-0733. See details on notice board. Thank you
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buye Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
- There is now a Designated Refugee Sponsorship Fund for those wishing to support the refugee sponsorship initiative through Hope Lutheran Church (Remember Vicky Archer who spoke to us about this?) Any person wishing to donate to this fund should forward their money to Hope Lutheran Church, in an envelope with their full name, mailing address and phone number and be clearly marked for the “Sponsorship Fund.” A record of donors will be maintained in the chance that the proposed sponsorship does not go ahead.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – 2018 – NEW 25 CONTINUING EDUCATON COURSES – check notice board for more details.
- YOUNG LIFE – Fundraising Banquet & information Night – Sunday, April 22 – 5:30 pm Program 6 to 8 pm –FREE/FREE – must RSVP to www,younglife.ca/eastbanquet -needed for dinner numbers.
- At Capilano Christian Assembly 9333 – 50 Street. Dress: Business Casual. Complimentary Child care available for ages 0 – 11. Invite friends to hear the exciting work Young Life is doing. See N.B.
- CAPILANO PLAYSHCOOL – New Trial Class for 3-4 year olds – Saturday, May 12 @ 9:45am to 10:15 am and Open House to follow from 10:15 to 11:30am. See poster on notice board
- TERRA CENTRE FOR TEEN PARENTS – Tues. June 5 @ Westin Hotel @ 07:30 am – Contact 780 438-3772 for information.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – SATURDAY. APRIL 28 @ 7:00 PM. The Columbian Youth Choirs followed by refreshments with performers. FREE WILL DONATION AT THE DOOR.
- Edmonton Diocese SOCIAL JUSTICE WORKSHOP SATURDAY, June 2.GARDEN UPDATES
- At 09:00am – PrayerWorksHall (St.Faith’sAnglicanChurch). Workshop is FREE lunch is $10.00. Register by email at [email protected]
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights.
- Clayton Ernst our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST, A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.