Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Harvest Thanksgiving – October 7, 2018
Printable Announcements: October 7, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
Harvest Thanksgiving, Oct 07.
Joel 2: 21-27
1 Timothy 2: 1- 7
Matthew 6: 25-33
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
21st Sunday after Pentecost, Oct 14.
Job 23: 1-9, 16-17
Psalm 22: 1-15
Hebrews 4: 12-16
Please remember in your prayers this week:
The sick or/in hospital – Edna, Linda, Jody.
For those in mourning: Delores Yuzda & family in the loss of Ed Yuzda.
Family of Ottmar Hoch; Family of Connie McClung.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Bishop Jane visiting St. A’s! She will lead the service and we will host a luncheon following.
- BELLES AND BEAUS: Tuesday, October 9th at 11:15 am for lunch at the BICYCLETTE CAFÉ, 8627 – 91 STREET – use upper parking lot (entering off 91 Street). Visitor parking available (Bonnie Doon area). Meet at the Church at 10:55 am to car pool. Betty Sparling is
the contact person for this event and will announce special parking instructions. Everyone welcome.
- ENCOUNTERS -Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- Morning Prayers – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- Cookbook? After service last week, an idea came up about a St. A’s cookbook. If you have any ideas for this, there is a sheet on the bulletin board downstairs.
- CANADIAN CHURCH CALENDARS FOR 2019 ARE NOW AVAILABLE Cost is $5.00 each. Please see Eileen Fairbrother for your copy.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting October 17th at 10:00 am.
- BOOK CLUB -meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP @ Grace United Church – Tuesdays commencing September 11 to December 4 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the Sunshine Room Basement. 780-466-0916. No charge. Everyone welcome but must register.
- SAVE THE DATES FOR EVENTS AT ST. A’S:
- Oct 27 – Spirituality of Aging
- Nov 13 – Enneagram Follow-up.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Wednesday, October 17 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm – Halloween Party – Dress up if you date, as we share in Halloween fun!
- A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283. Donations as of September 27th we are at 38 – Long way to go. Please call and donate.
- KING’S UNIVERSITY –new information on notice board for 2018
- STUDENT MINISTRY – DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE ATTENDING THE U OF A THIS FALL WHO WOULD APPRECIATE CONTACT WITH OUR ANGLICAN STUDENT MINISTRY? PLEASE PASS THEIR NAMES AND CONTACT NUMBER TO REV. CRANE.
- Check out the garden of lights at night.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish rep.
Tugh the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.