Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
25th Sunday after Pentecost – November 11, 2018
Printable Announcements: November 11, 2018
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
25th Sunday after Pentecost – Nov.11
Ruth 3: 1-5, 4: 13-17
Hebrews 9: 24-28
Mark 12: 38-44
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
26th Sunday after Pentecost – Nov.18
1 Samuel 1:4-20
1 Samuel 2:1-10
Please remember in your prayers this week:
The sick or/in hospital – Linda, John, Jim, Connie, Dawn.
For those in mourning: Family and friends of Robert & Myrtle De Meulle
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- Morning Prayers – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel.
Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
Tuesday – Holy Communion
Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
You are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- COOKBOOK: If you have any ideas for this, there is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board downstairs.
St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting November 20th at 10:00 am.
- BELLES AND BEAUS – Tuesday, November 13 – 11:30 am – Lunch at Greenland’s, Sherwood Park. Meet at the church at 11:00 am if you need a ride or wish to follow someone. Contact is Lauretta Howard.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- SAVE THE DATES FOR EVENTS AT ST. A’S:
- Nov 14 – ADVENT PLANNING – 5:30 to 7:30pm
- –Are you interested in helping shape how we hold
- Advent at St. A’s? Come by for Soup and Bun supper
- and discussion following.
- 18 – A MURAL AT ST. A’s –Designed by the Community
- and prepared by a local artist? Covered by grant
- money? We will have a short presentation and
- welcome members of the Sunshine Garden on Sunday,
- November 18 to find out more!
- Nov 23 – ADVENT QUIET MORNING – 9am to 1pm – lunch
- A series of meditations to lead you into
- Advent and space to reflect in silence.
- Dec 01 – NAVIGATING THE HOLIDAYS IN THE MIDST OF
- GRIEF AND LOSS – A Healing Workshop:
- 9am – 3 pm @ St. Augustines Church
- Cost: $40.00 (Funding available if cost is an issue)
- Lunch provided. (Please notify of any allergies)
- Please contact Heather Kristenson to register. Space is
- Deadline: November 29th, 2018
- [email protected]/587-335-1970.
- Dec 02 – ADVENT I – “Financial Stewardship Sunday”.
Reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
Bishop Jane invites us to pray for Bishop Sixbert and the Diocese of Buye.
- PARTNERS IN SAVING LIVES –DONATE BLOOD – ONLY 10 WEEKS TO GO! Our Partner ID for Diocese is ANGL696986. Diocese hopes to raise 150 donations by Dec.31, 2018. To donate call 1 888 236-6283. Donations as of October 28th we are at 50 – We still have a long way to go. Please call and donate.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP @ Grace United Church – Tuesdays commencing September 11 to December 4 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the Sunshine Room Basement. 780-466-0916. No charge. Everyone welcome but must register.
- US and THEM – Thu. Nov. 22 at 7pm @ Garneau Theatre – Powerful documentary made in Victoria on the realities of homelessness. Tickets $12.00 each or groups of 10 or more for $10.00 each – see notice board.
- NEW LIBRARY GRAND OPENING – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23 – 10:30 AM– 9915 – 67 Street NW. RSVP by Friday, November 16 to [email protected]
- L’ARCHE EDMONTON’S ANNUAL C HRISTMAS PAGEANT – MONDAY, DEC 10th @ 7:00 pm – Thomas d’Aquin, 8410 – 89 Street – see poster on NB.
- BISSELL CENTRE’S FESTIVE WISHLIST – IF YOU ARE ONE WHO REGULARLY DONATES TO THE BISSELL CENTRE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR – PLEASE SEE THEIR SUGGESTED LIST ON THE NOTICE BD.
- Check out the garden of lights at night.
- Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish rep.
Through the week at st. a’s
MUSIC TOGETHER – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.