Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Fourth Sunday of Lent – March 31, 2019
Printable Announcements: MARCH 31, 2019
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION /w kid’s activities
|This Week’s Scripture Readings:
4th Sunday of Lent – March 31
Malachi 3: 10
2 Corinthians 5: 16-21
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
5th Sunday in Lent
Isaiah 43: 16-21
Philippians 3:4b – 14
John 12: 1-8
Please remember in your prayers this week: The sick or/in hospital – Linda Kizan, Edna, Connie, Michael Miller, Jim. Lydia, Bryan Lee, Roy, Bryan Lee, John, Don, Simon, Allyson.
For those in mourning: Family & Friends of Jarom Speers, Family & Friends of Al Brommeland, Family & Friends of Bill Eberhardt.
St. A’s Events This Week
- SIMPLE SUPPER this Friday! Doors open 5pm, supper at 5:30pm.
- Concordia Student Voice Recital – Saturday, March 30th, 7pm
- ENCOUNTERS – Sunday morning study group that meets @ 8:30 am in the Lounge downstairs.
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday to Friday, 08:45 am in the Chapel. Drop in at any time.
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading.
- Tuesday – Holy Communion
- Wed/Thu/Fri – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
St. A’s Events Coming up
- CANON TOM RAYMENT – Dec. 26, 1930 – Mar. 26, 2019 – We are saddened to hear that Rev. Rayment passed away. He was the first Minister at the start of St. Augustine’s Church. Funeral details will be shared through the Synod Scene when available.
- TUESDAY AT BLU’S – Please join us for conversation and fellowship. We usually meet on the first and third Tuesday mornings of the month. Next meeting – Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- BOOK CLUB – Meets the last Tuesday of the month in the Church Lounge at 10:30 am.
- ENNEAGRAM – If you missed the Enneagram day last fall – there is another session happening on May 04 at St. Michaels and All Angel’s Parish, Edmonton – Time to be advised. RSVP to Rev. Crane.
- LENT & EASTER @ ST. AUGUSTINES:–
- Lenten Quiet Day: Weds. April 10 – 9:00 to 1:00. Lunch provided. We prepare together for Holy Week.
- Palm Sunday (April 14) Services at 8am and 10 am.
- Maundy Thursday (April 18) service 6:30pm
- Good Friday (April 19) 1pm Stations of the cross
- Easter Vigil (Sat. April 20) 7:00 pm. Augustines is hosting both St. David’s and St. Patrick’s. **Donations of baking for coffee time after the service would be appreciated.
- Easter Sunday (April 21) Services at 8am and 10 am.
- FLOWERS FOR THE ALTAR @ EASTER – If you would like to donate (any amount) towards the purchase of flowers, it would be very much appreciated. All donations will be included in your tax receipt. Thank you. Please contact June Greig 780 469-0733.
- PARISH QUIET RETREAT at Strawberry Creek– Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2 If you are interested and need more information speak to Pat Jameson.
***Office Notes: A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office so it can be checked against the master calendar. The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 2:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the annex), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
ANGLICIAN AND BEYOND
Anglicans are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org. You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – SENIOR’S YOUTHFUL GROUP – April 17 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm Traditions & Practices of Holy Week – Egg decorating, planting seeds, eating hot cross buns. We will explore Holy Week.
- STEVE BELL IN CONCERT – Thursday, April 4 – @ The Catholic Parish of Corpus Christi – Tickets $20.00 – purchase @ stevebell.com/events or call -1 800 854-3499
- SPIRITUAL JOURNEY OF PERSONAL HEALING – MARK THOMPSON & ALANNA BROCHU 9 Sessions – April 6 to May 16 – Register @ 780 720-7398 text or call Alanna/email [email protected] See NB
- HABITAT FOR HUMANIY INTERFAITH WORKS PROJECT – MARCH 5 TO JUNE 5. – NEED 600 WORKERS, DONATIONS, OR HELP BY PROVIDING LUNCH FOR WORKERS – See Synod Scene /Notice Board.
- MAY 1 – WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCOMPANY REV. CRANE TO THE FAITH LEADERS BUILD DAY WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY? – HOURS ARE 8:30 AM TO 4:00 PM OR ANY PORTION OF THESE HOURS. If you are interested, please speak to Rev. Crane.
- KINGS UNIVERSTY – SPRNG CONVOCATION SPEAKER – Sat, May 4th at 200 pm – Dr, Steven R. Timmermans, Director of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) – visit kingu.ca/alumni-supporters/event/graduation for more details. Questions call Registration/Student Finance office 780 465-8330.
- BASE CAMP 2019 – Junior High camp, July 21 – 26 @ Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park at Lac La Biche – More details to come.
- LENTEN NOON HOUR CONCERT SERIES – Holy Trinity Church – 10037 – 84 Avenue – 12:10 TO 1:00 PM. Feel free to bring your lunch and eat during the concert. All concerts are FREE with donations accepted to support the artists and organ restoration.
Sherry Prokopuk is our Parish Representative.
- Garden blessing and potluck – Friday, April 5th at 5:30 pm – Come and hear what is new this year. Bring a food item to share, if you are able. Everyone is welcome.
- COMMUNITY MURAL PREPARATION EVENTS – If you have any drawings/or ideas for our mural, please let us know. You can leave a message at 780 466-5532 – be sure to leave your name and
contact number, in case we have any questions for you. Thank you.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST. A’s.
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.