EASTER DAY – SUNDAY, APRIL 01, 2018
Printable Announcements: April 01, 2018
Welcome to St. Augustine’s.
Find out more about who we are in the pew brochure or online at www.staugustinesedmonton.com
8:00AM – SAID ANGLICAN EUCHARIST
10:00AM – OUR MAIN SERVICE OF HOLY COMMUNION, NURSERY
AND KID’S ACTIVITIES.
|This Week’s Scripture Readings: Resurrection of the Lord – April 01 Easter Sunday
Isaiah 25: 6 – 9
Psalm118: 1 -2, 14 – 24
Acts 10: 34 – 43
Mark 16: 1 – 8
10:00 am- BAS
|Next Week’s Scripture Readings:
Second Sunday of Easter – April 08
Acts 4: 32 – 35
1 John 3: 1-2 ;2
John 20: 19 – 31
Please remember in your prayers this week:
For the sick or in hospital – Edna, Linda, Betty Wade, Doreen Wilson, Shauna, Allan, Myrtle deMeulles (pron. deMel).
For those in mourning – Kelly McClung and family of Terry McClung, (funeral on Sat. March 31 @ 1:00 PM ), Ven. Travis Enright and family of Donna Enright.
St. A’s EVENTS THIS WEEK
- MORNING PRAYERS – Monday thru Friday – 08:45 am in the Chapel Tuesday – Holy CommunionYou are welcome to drop in any days you like.
- Wed/Thu/Fri. – Simple Anglican Morning Prayer
- Monday – Lectio Divina on upcoming Sunday Gospel reading
- ENCOUNTERS – A Sunday morning study group @ 8am in the Lounge downstairs. Everyone welcome.
- EASTER FLOWERS – If you would like to donate to flowers for Easter to Honour or in Loving Memory of someone special in your life, please contact June G @ 780 469-0733.
- STRAWBERRY CREEK RETREAT – Hand out information available. Please call Pat Jameson 780 469-0704, if you are interested and need more details.
- St. A’s EVENTS COMING UP
- PASTORAL CARE – A new pastoral care group has been formed at the Church regarding our concern on how to reach out to those who are homebound, sick or in need in our congregation. The committee meets in the Church on the last Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm. If you have any concerns for a parishioner, please advise Rev. Crane or Phyllis Molyneux.
- THE BELLES — Tuesday, April 17 – Lunch at Muttarts. details and sign up sheet in the Narthex.
- TUESDAYS AT BLU’S JAVA BAR –Open discussion group– meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Blu’s Café at 50th Street & 106th Avenue. Next meeting will be on April 3rd. No Meeting on April 17 due to the Belles luncheon on that date.
- THE CHALLENGE OF JESUS – A six-week DVD based interest Group for Lent/Easter 2018. Starts Tuesday, February 27 – 7 to 9 pm. To register email Val McCormack – [email protected] or sign-up on list in Foyer, or just turn up!
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – TAI CHI – 10 WEEK program after Easter – Thursdays from 1 – 2 pm taught by a Tai Chi master. Please call for more details – Maggie Nichol 780 465-2368 – Grace Church office.
- GRACE UNITED CHURCH – Wed. April 18 – 1:30 to 3 pm Downsizing with Lynn Fraser – sharing tips & tricks you need to know.
- NEW MOVIE – PAUL – Apostle of Christ (The most influential Apostle) at theatres in Edmonton starting Good Friday.
A reminder to book any space you need at the church through the church office, so it can be checked against the master calendar.
The church office is open Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 and Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 12:00. Any mail for the office? Please drop it in the office mailbox (in the other building), or in the ‘Admin’ mailbox downstairs. There is also a form for Cheque requisitions if you have receipts to submit for payment.
Anglican and Beyond
Anglican’s are busy across the diocese – see more events on the Diocesan “SYNOD SCENE” at www.edmonton.anglican.org . You can get it by email too! – MORE information on notice board downstairs.
The Bishop invites us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Buyer Diocese who are suffering from the effects of drought.
- There is now a Designated Refugee Sponsorship Fund for those wishing to support the refugee sponsorship initiative through Hope Lutheran Church (Remember Vicky Archer who spoke to us about this?) Any person wishing to donate to this fund should forward their money to Hope Lutheran Church, in an envelope with their full name, mailing address and phone number and be clearly marked for the “Sponsorship Fund.” A record of donors will be maintained in the chance that the proposed sponsorship does not go ahead.
PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE BOARD FOR MORE EVENTS & DETAILS
- KING’S UNIVERSITY – 2018 – NEW 25 CONTINUING EDUCATON COURSES – check notice board for more details.
- EDUCATIONAL CHAPLAINCY DINNER – APRIL 6 AT St. Matthias Church, 6210 – 188 Street, (new location). This is an important fundraiser for the dioceses’ Anglican Student Ministries. Speakers Andrew Muztagh and Adam Lee – Tickets available on Eventbrite. See Synod Scene.
- COLLECTIVE KITCHEN – Salvation Army Edmonton Temple. Weekly classes – ‘Wednesdays, 5:30 to 8:00 pm – 9115 – 75 Street starting – February 21st – 780 469-6846 to register – Cost is $3.00 person or $6. For a family – Child care available. See N.B.
- SCIENCE & CHRISTIANITY CONFERENCE – MAY 11 – 14 Langley BC @ Trinity Western University – see details on notice board.
- Check out the garden at night as there are many lights and decorations! Look for the garden potluck and pre-season meeting in April 2018.
- Clayton Ernst our Parish representative on the garden committee.
THROUGH THE WEEK AT ST, A’s
Music Together – Kid’s music program. Most Monday and Thursday mornings at the church. www.musictogethernl.com
Sound Opportunity – Wednesday evenings at 7 pm www.sing4me.ca
GANG – Grandmothers of Alberta for a New Generation (GANG) works with the Stephen Lewis Foundation to support African grandmothers raising their grandchildren because of AIDS. An awareness, advocacy and fundraising group.
Education for Ministry – Thursday nights – a four- year certificate in theology.
GEA-Greater Edmonton Alliance – organization of Faith Groups, Unions, Community Action Groups and Small Businesses ‘organizing for the common good’ to give the public a voice in decision making that affects their lives.